Broccoli Raisin Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Broccoli Raisin Salad is the perfect summer salad for your barbecues, picnics and summer parties that even your kids will love!
Broccoli Raisin Salad is a quick salad you’ll enjoy all summer long and you’ll even get the kids to enjoy eating broccoli! It takes just a few minutes to come together and since there is no lettuce, it is perfect for parties, pot lucks, picnics and more since nothing will wilt.
The weather has finally started warming up and we’re enjoying every moment of the beautiful weather outside. This salad can be put together in just five minutes if you buy pre-crumbed bacon. If you do buy some, make sure to microwave your bacon for ten seconds on a paper towel to crisp it back up.
If you’re looking for summer meals and summer salads be sure to stay tuned, we are heading full speed ahead with summer friendly food items everyone will love. If you have any recipes for summer meals you’d like to see on the blog, please leave recipes you’d love to see in the comment section.
Some ideas for changing things up in this salad:
- Swap your sunflower seeds for chopped pecans.
- Add in some chicken for an easy and quick filling lunch option.
- Squeeze in some lemon juice and add lemon zest to the dressing.
- You can easily swap out golden raisins for the regular variety.
- If you don’t like raisins you can substitute red grapes cut in half.
LOOKING FOR MORE SUMMER SALADS?
- Creamy Bacon Pea Salad
- Italian Antipasto Pasta Salad
- Easy Greek Pasta Salad
- Mexican Avocado BLT Pasta Salad
- 10 Minute Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Broccoli Raisin Salad
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups broccoli , cut into small florets
- 1/2 red onion , finely chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 pound bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- In a very large bowl mix the mayonnaise, sugar, white vinegar, Kosher salt and black pepper.
- Add in the broccoli, red onion and raisins into the bowl and mix.
- Top with the bacon and the sunflower seeds
- Mix broccoli, bacon, red onion, and raisins in a bowl.
- Leave in the refrigerator for at least an hour, preferably 2 hours.
Dinner, then Dessert, Inc. owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given. If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your own site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page. Read my disclosure and copyright policy. This post may contain affiliate links.