Avocado Tomato Corn Salad is the perfect side dish with creamy avocados, fresh tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, and corn all tossed in a zesty lemon dressing.
AVOCADO TOMATO CORN SALAD
This recipe is truly the perfect Summertime Dish. Simple ingredients like ripe avocados, juicy cherry tomatoes, sweet corn, and cucumber are all sliced into pieces and tossed together with a fresh lemon juice dressing. It’s ready in minutes with a fresh flavor that’s perfect to keep you feeling cool and relaxed on hot days.
If you’ve enjoyed Mexican Sweet Summer Corn Salad and Avocado Salsa, then you’re sure to love this Tomato Corn Avocado Salad. It combines corn, avocado, and other healthy vegetables into one delicious salad with a depth of flavor and varied ingredients.
It’s the perfect salad to make when you’re in a hurry. No need for lots of prep work, hard-to-follow instructions, or letting it set. Just take a few minutes to toss the ingredients together, pour the dressing over the top, and bring out this amazing avocado salad for everyone to enjoy. It makes a great side for BBQs, taco nights, or any weeknight meal in need of some extra flavor and color.
MORE SUMMER SALAD RECIPES
HOW TO SERVE AVOCADO TOMATO CORN SALAD
This Fresh Corn Tomato and Creamy Avocado Salad is wonderfully versatile. You can put it out in a salad bowl as a simple side dish that stands well on its own, or serve it up with tortilla chips as a dip. You can also serve it over your weeknight dinners as a delicious and flavorful topping.
Tomato Corn Avocado Salad would go great with a lot of your favorite dinner recipes. The creamy avocado and other fresh ingredients make it a refreshing pairing with Mexican dishes like Ground Beef Tacos, Carne Asada, or Baked Chilaquiles.
- Add-ins: One of the best things about easy salad recipes like this one is you can easily toss in extra vegetables that you have on hand for even more flavorful salad ingredients. This recipe would taste great with red onion, bell peppers, sliced green onions, or if you want to make it a little spicy you could even add jalapeño peppers.
- Lime Juice Dressing: We’ve made this Avocado Tomato and Corn Salad recipe with a simple lemon dressing. However, if you prefer you can just as easily use lime. Simply replace the fresh lemon juice in the recipe with fresh lime juice, and top the salad off with a bit of lime zest before serving.
- Lemon-herb dressing: To make a fresh herb dressing, whisk a tablespoon minced thyme, 1/2 tablespoon rosemary, and a little lemon zest in with the original lemon dressing before adding it to the salad.
- Seasonings: You can also sprinkle the ingredients with your favorite seasonings to experiment with the flavor. It would taste great with garlic pepper, ground pepper, paprika, red pepper flakes, or cayenne pepper.
MORE SIDE DISHES
HOW TO STORE
- Serve: Tomato Corn Avocado Salad is best served fresh. You don’t want to leave it out at room temperature for more than an hour or two.
- Store: If you have leftovers, you can seal the salad in an airtight container to store in the fridge for 3-5 days. The lemon in the dressing will help prevent the avocado from turning brown too quickly. You can also squeeze some extra lemon juice over the top to help it stay looking fresh longer.
- Freeze: Unfortunately, the fresh vegetables won’t last well during a freezing and defrosting process, so if you haven’t finished the salad after a few days it’s better to throw it away and make another.
Avocado Tomato Corn Salad
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons , juiced and zested
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 3 ripe avocados , cubed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 cucumber , cut in half lengthwise then sliced
- 1 cup sweet corn , fresh or thawed
- 1/4 cup cilantro , chopped
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, cumin, salt and pepper.
Add in the diced avocados, tomatoes, cucumber, corn, and cilantro and toss gently to combine.
Best served at room temperature or bring to room temperature after refrigerating.
Yield: 8 Servings, Amount per serving: 240 calories, Calories: 240g, Carbohydrates: 16g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 304mg, Potassium: 603mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 629g, Vitamin C: 34g, Calcium: 32g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.