Caprese Pizza Bombs are a quick, fun treat or appetizer with fresh mozzarella, basil and cherry tomatoes. Plus the stretchy cheese factor is amazing.
These Caprese Pizza Bombs are a bit more refined and have some more grown up flavors, but you don’t lose that amazing bite where the cheese stretches out for a mile and they win HANDS DOWN in flavor because hey, fresh mozzarella wins by a mile over processed mozzarella (were the other ones even real mozzarella?).
These Caprese Pizza Bombs are brought to you by the kind folks over at Stella Cheese whose Fresh Mozzarella shines pretty bright in this recipe.
[brid autoplay=”true” video=”454097″ player=”19072″ title=”Caprese Pizza Bombs” description=”Caprese Pizza Bombs” duration=”60″ uploaddate=”2019-08-22 13:17:47″ thumbnailurl=”//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/14572/thumb/454097_t_1566479664.png”]
Plus, I think it is worth noting that when you tear into your Caprese Pizza Bombs the stretchy cheese shot is…. Ah-Mazing…
The difference between using fresh mozzarella vs. the shredded bagged kind is also pretty night and day. The fresh has a delicate flavor that melts amazingly. You’ll notice the difference in flavors immediately.
Looking for some alternate flavors for your Caprese Pizza Bombs? You can swap out any pizza toppings you love! And if you would like to make them ahead of time and bake them off later just stop at the step where you would add the butter and freeze them on a baking sheet. When you are ready to bake them off, I would put them on a cookie sheet and let them thaw for an hour in the fridge before baking. Or if you bake them you can freeze them after baking, but they’ll never be as amazing as when they were originally baked.
- 1 fresh pizza dough
- 1 ball of Stella Fresh Mozzarella Cheese , cut into 18 cubes
- 10 basil leaves , julienned finely or chopped
- 20 grape tomatoes sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Portion the dough into 18 small balls and roll out into 4 inch circles.
- Put a cube of Stella Fresh Mozzarella Cheese in the middle of the dough, add a few shreds of basil and 3-4 slices of cherry tomatoes.
- Gather the edges of the dough, try to keep excess air out of it and pinch it together making a good seal.
- When all 18 are ready, brush on the melted butter and bake for 12-15 minutes or until browned.