Caramel Apple Cobbler is the ultimate autumn treat. Baked apples, sweet caramel, cinnamon, and a buttery dough all come together in this delicious recipe!
Cobblers always make perfect Dessert Recipes that you can make quickly without worrying about making them look neat. Just like Pecan Cobbler or Chocolate Cobbler, this dish is easy to make and takes less than an hour.
CARAMEL APPLE COBBLER
If you’re looking for the perfect Fall comfort food it’s impossible to beat cinnamon-spiced apple desserts. The baked apples and warm spices just make the ideal combination! This Apple Cobbler recipe is easier to make than an Apple Pie, but you still get the same flavors you would from Apple Pie Filling. Along with the fresh apples this dessert recipe also gives you a delicious caramel flavor for some extra sweetness.
To take this Cobbler recipe to the next level add an ice cream topping. Creamy Vanilla Ice Cream makes the perfect cobbler topping. Serve the Homemade Apple Cobbler warm and let the vanilla ice cream melt over the apples and flaky cobbler crust. For more cobbler toppings you use heavy cream and sugar to make Whipped Cream. You can also add more caramel to the sweet treat with a Caramel Sauce.
MORE APPLE RECIPES
TIPS TO MAKE CARAMEL APPLE COBBLER
- Prep time: Start the Apple Cobbler Recipe by preheating the oven, and getting the apples ready. Slice the apples into thin pieces. Next, melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Place the apple slices and melted butter in the base of the baking dish.
- Apple filling: In a large mixing bowl combine the applesauce, milk, vanilla, and granulated sugar. Stir the apple mixture until the sugar is mostly dissolved. Add the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Then whisk the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Continue mixing until there are no streaks of dry ingredients in the mixture. Spoon the mixture into the casserole dish over the tender apples.
- Topping: Mix together 1 ½ cup brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Then sprinkle the mixture over the top. Carefully pour the hot water evenly over the surface of the cobbler.
- Cook time: Bake for 45-50 minutes until the cobbler is bubbly and golden brown. Take the baking sheet from the oven and serve warm.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CARAMEL APPLE COBBLER
- Apple Pecan Cobbler: Try making a Caramel Apple Pecan Cobbler. The Caramel Apple Pecan Cobbler will add a nice crunchy texture to the already delicious treat. Just mix in 1 cup of chopped pecans with the cobbler dough to make Apple Pecan Cobbler
- Streusel topping: For some extra cinnamon flavor, try making a brown sugar and cinnamon topping. Use a pastry cutter to combine ¼ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup white sugar, ¼ cup all-purpose flour, ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 pinch salt, and 2 tablespoons butter. Put all the ingredients in a bowl and use your pastry blender until they’re in rough crumbs. Sprinkle the cinnamon mixture over the cobbler before baking.
- Apples: You can change the type of apples you use in this recipe depending on what you have on hand. Typically, the best apples for baking are Jonagold, Honeycrisp, Winesap, or Granny Smith for more tart apples. Any of these will taste delicious in this Caramel Apple Cobbler.
- Caramel Sauce: For some extra caramel flavor pour Homemade Caramel Sauce over the cobbler before serving.
MORE COBBLER RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CARAMEL APPLE COBBLER
- Serve: If you have leftover cobbler cover it in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- Store: To keep it longer wrap the Apple Cobbler in plastic wrap or put it in an airtight container to store in the fridge. It will keep well for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: To make cobbler in advance, you can also cover the dish or put it in another airtight container to freeze for 3 months. Let the dish thaw in the fridge then reheat it in a 350-degree oven to serve.
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 2 apples , peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar , packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread melted butter and sliced apples over a 9x13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together the applesauce, milk, vanilla, and sugar until mostly dissolved.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon, then whisk until just combined and no dry streaks remain.
- Spoon batter over the butter and apples carefully.
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle it over the batter.
- Gently pour the water on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.