Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars are two tasty desserts in one bite. Easy homemade carrot cake with walnuts and a creamy cheesecake swirl, ready in just an hour!
CARROT CAKE CHEESECAKE BARS
Flavorfully spiced moist carrot cake (from scratch!) gets a creamy, sweet cheesecake swirl in the ultimate mashup of two popular desserts! These tasty Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars are so easy to make and are perfect for your next party or potluck. Your guests will love not having to choose between spice cake and cheesecake for dessert!
This Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars recipe has a moist, fluffy homemade carrot cake batter loaded with carrots. You could use boxed cake mix but this easy recipe for carrot cake is just as quick and so much better. To save yourself time, use bagged shredded carrots and pre-chopped walnuts.
Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars are so easy to make that you don’t even need a stand mixer! Soften the cream cheese to room temperature so you can mix the cheesecake swirl by hand. The cheesecake swirl is more like a sweet cream cheese filling versus a traditional cheesecake, but it’s just as creamy and delicious!
For an extra decadent dessert, top your Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting or the out of this world Carrot Cake Jam in Ultimate Carrot Cake. Drizzle your Carrot Cake Bars with Salted Caramel Sauce or spread a thin layer of try them with light sour cream icing recipe below.
The marbled swirl is an easy way to make Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars a gorgeous dessert. It’s a simple technique that takes very little practice to master. You can also skip the swirl and instead make these layered Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars. After pouring the cake batter in the baking dish, carefully spread the cheesecake mixture over the top and bake as usual.
Making a Marbled Swirl in Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars
To get the perfect marble swirl, drop cheesecake mixture by the spoonful over the carrot cake batter instead of spreading it. Run a knife up and down in a zig zag pattern, with about a 1 inch gap between rows. Make sure to get knife down in the carrot cake mixture to pull it up.
MORE DELICIOUS CHEESECAKE RECIPES:
VARIATIONS ON CARROT CAKE CHEESECAKE BARS
- Cake Mix: You can use a box of spice cake mix or carrot cake mix instead of the homemade batter. For one box cake mix use 2 eggs and ½ cup vegetable oil, adding the carrots and walnuts as usual.
- Cake Batter: Try these super easy Cheesecake Bars with other classic cake batters like Chocolate Cake and Red Velvet Cake.
- Mix-Ins: You can mix in raisins and shredded sweetened coconut to the carrot cake batter to make it even more moist and flavorful. You could also use chopped pecans instead of walnuts!
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cupcakes: Bake your Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars in a muffin tin instead of a baking dish. Line the muffin cups and divide the cake batter evenly. Add a spoonful of cheesecake mixture to each cup and swirl. Bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes, or until the cheesecake is set.
- Sour Cream Icing: Whisk together ½ cup confectioners’ sugar, 2 tablespoons sour cream, and ¼ teaspoon vanilla to make an easy, tangy icing!
MORE AMAZING CARROT DESSERT RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CARROT CAKE CHEESECAKE BARS
- Serve: Because these are Carrot Cake Bars with Cheesecake, they need to be chilled after no more than 2 hours at room temperature.
- Store: Cool bars completely before storing in an airtight container, placing parchment paper between layers so they don’t stick. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Freeze: Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars can be frozen for up 3 months in a sealed container. Cut bars before freezing and thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars
- Yield: 18 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 4 large eggs , room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups carrots , shredded
- 3/4 cup walnuts , chopped
- 16 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13x9 baking pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and sugar until smooth.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Fold in the carrots and walnuts.
- Whisk together the cream cheese, eggs, vanilla and sugar until smooth.
- Pour the carrot cake into your baking pan.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture over the top gently.
- Swirl gently with a butter knife.
Bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack.
Yield: 18 servings, Amount per serving: 283 calories, Calories: 283g, Carbohydrates: 43g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 68mg, Sodium: 341mg, Potassium: 193mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 30g, Vitamin A: 3782g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 64g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.