Carrot Sheet Cake is the easiest carrot cake made in one hour! Moist cinnamon spice cake filled with carrots and walnuts, topped with cream cheese frosting.
Whether you are looking for the best Carrot Cake to feed a crowd or you just want an easy dessert that lasts all week, you’ll love this tasty Cake Recipe. Moist, delicious, and ready in an hour, this cake is winner!
CARROT SHEET CAKE
When you are craving carrot cake but you don’t want to go through the work of making a layer cake, Carrot Sheet Cake is the recipe you need. The thinner, brownie-sized, cake bars have the perfect amount of frosting and all the flavor you love in a carrot cake. Did we mention it’s frosted and ready to eat (or go to a party) in less than hour?!
This Carrot Sheet Cake is a basic carrot cake recipe with everyday ingredients like sugar and all-purpose flour. The shredded carrots make this sheet cake incredibly moist. Buttery walnuts add a bit of a crunch but you can leave them out if you don’t have them on hand. One of the best things about a sheet cake is you can easily swap out or add ingredients to make it your own.
The star of Carrot Sheet Cake is obviously carrots. You can shred them yourself using a grater or pulse chopped carrots in a food processor. To make it even easier on yourself, pick up a bag of finely shredded carrots at the grocery store. Just make sure the carrots are big enough to taste and add texture (you don’t want a paste), but not so big they are still crunchy when baked.
The subtle earthy, sweet flavor from carrots is practically made for Cream Cheese Frosting. The homemade cream cheese frosting used for this recipe is made in less than 10 minutes. Make the frosting while your cake is baking and keep at room temperature (no more than 2 hours) for easier spreading.
Speaking of room temperature, make sure all your ingredients have been at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before you start making this cake. This not only makes mixing easier it keeps your cake fluffy instead of being dense. This is especially important when adding heavy ingredients like walnuts and carrots. Gently fold the carrots and walnuts into your batter to keep from over-mixing.
Cream cheese frosting is the first pick for this delicious Carrot Sheet Cake, but try other frostings too! You can use Buttercream Frosting or leave it unfrosted and drizzle with Salted Caramel Sauce for a tasty breakfast cake. If you have some extra time, and love decadent flavors, you should definitely try this Carrot Cake Jam recipe! It will make your Carrot Sheet Cake absolutely drool worthy!
MORE DELICIOUS, EASY CAKES FOR A CROWD
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CARROT SHEET CAKE
- Pineapple: Add 1 cup of crushed pineapple to your cake batter to make it extra moist. For a tropical Pineapple Carrot Cake, serve frosted cake with Pineapple Topping.
- Mix-Ins: Fold in shredded coconut, white chocolate chips, raisins, or other dried fruit to your Carrot Sheet Cake batter. You can use other nuts like pecans or almonds too.
- Brown Sugar: Substitute 1 cup brown sugar for the white sugar for a light molasses flavoring and extra moisture.
- Buttermilk: Give your Carrot Sheet Cake some tang by adding ¾ cup buttermilk or sour cream. Reduce the recipe by 1 egg and ½ cup vegetable oil.
- Spices: More classic spices used in Carrot Cake are nutmeg, allspice, and Pumpkin Pie Spice. Add spices a ½ teaspoon at a time to keep them from overwhelming your cake.
EASY, CLASSIC CAKES FOR ANY OCCASION
HOW TO STORE CARROT SHEET CAKE
- Serve: Once Carrot Sheet Cake is frosted, it can be at room temperature for up to 2 hours. Unfrosted it can be at room temperature, covered with plastic wrap, for up to 4 days.
- Store: Cover cake pan tightly with plastic wrap, or place cake in an airtight container, and refrigerate up to 1 week. Set on counter for 30 minutes before serving to bring to room temperature.
- Freeze: Freeze your cake frosted or unfrosted for up to 3 months wrapped in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and serve at room temperature.
- 4 large eggs , room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup walnuts , chopped
- 4 cups Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10x15 inch sheet pan or jelly roll pan, set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, oil and sugar until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add to egg mixture and beat well.
- Fold in carrots and walnuts. Pour into greased baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before frosting.