These quick and easy Chocolate Chip Muffins will satisfy your chocolate cravings. They’ll become your favorite go-to breakfast or afternoon snack.
If you’re in the mood for a bakery-style muffin that’s soft and moist with a bit of chocolatey sweetness, you won’t go wrong with either these Chocolate Chip Muffins or Chocolate Banana Muffins to get your morning chocolate fix. Be sure to check out all the other delicious muffins in our Baked Good Recipes section. There’s something for everyone.
CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
What is it about going out for a coffee and a muffin from your local coffee shop or bakery that’s just so perfect? It can easily become a part of your daily routine which sounds lovely until you get your monthly statements and realize what it’s been costing you.
Making muffins that rival your local bakery at home will not only save you money but it’s easy to do. This muffin recipe uses less than 10 ingredients, all of which you probably already have in your kitchen and the total time it takes to make them is less than the time it would take for you to go to the store to buy them. This recipe is a total win. You’ll never buy store-bought again.
These muffins are so good you won’t want to save them just for breakfast. They’ll satisfy any sweet tooth so forget about grabbing a chocolate cupcake or cookie, enjoy one of these instead.
OTHER TASTY MUFFIN RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- Sifting: Sifting the dry ingredients helps to keep the muffins soft and fluffy.
- Wet ingredients: Whisk the wet ingredients together well until fully combined. Make sure there are no streaks left because you only want to mix the dry ingredients until it is barely incorporated.
- Chocolate Chips: Stir in the chips for just a couple seconds.
- Muffin Cups: Fill the cups ¾ of the way full before baking.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- Add-Ins: You can mix up the flavor of these muffins by adding vanilla extract or by adding cocoa powder for a chocolate muffin base.
- Toppings: Make a streusel topping to add before baking using flour, sugar and unsalted butter.
- Mini Muffins: To make mini chocolate chip muffins use a mini muffin tin for this recipe. You’ll need to adjust the total time of baking to around 10-13 minutes.
- Chocolate: You can use whatever chocolate chips you prefer. Add in mini chocolate chips, semisweet, or dark chocolate.
- Gluten-Free: Make sure to use a Gluten-Free all-purpose flour for this recipe.
- How do I make the muffins light and fluffy?
This Chocolate Chip muffins recipe requires baking powder which is a leavening agent. It allows the muffins to “rise” and be light and fluffy. If there’s not enough, the muffins won’t rise and if there’s too much, they’ll rise and then sink in so make sure to measure correctly so your muffins come out perfect.
- Why are my muffins dense? Unfortunately, over-mixing can be an issue and cause the muffins to become dense or heavy. You only want to mix the ingredients just enough that it’s all combined. After that, resist the urge to mix more and stop.
MORE DELICIOUS BREAKFAST RECIPES
HOW TO STORE AND SERVE
- Serve: These are best served straight out of the oven but can be left out at room temperature for up to 2 hours, uncovered.
- Store: Place any leftover muffins in an airtight container or storage bag lined with a paper towel. To keep them moist, it’s better to leave them on the counter and not put them into the refrigerator.
- Freeze: Wrap completely cooled muffins in plastic wrap or foil and place into a freezer-safe container or storage bag. Chocolate Chip Muffins will last up to 3 months.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together the vegetable oil, egg, milk and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk together the dry and wet ingredients until just combined, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line muffin tins with muffin liners and fill the cups ¾ full.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until toothpick placed into muffins come out clean.
Simply amazing. I used a quarter of the sugar to keep them more versatile for breakfast, and less dessert-y. I also made a portion of the batch plain without chips, just delicious vanilla batter.
Thanks for the suggestion, Sarah. I appreciate the 5 star rating.
love these so much! Super good!
So glad you enjoyed them. Thanks for the 5 stars.
These are our go to muffins! They are the best!
Fantastic! I’m so glad you love them so much.
Yum! These muffins are great and so quick and easy to make. I highly recommend them.
Thanks for the 5 stars, Krissy.
My family loved these muffins! I will need to make them again soon!
Fantastic! Thanks for coming back to let me know, Anna.