Chocolate Marshmallow Peanut Butter Bars are an easy no-bake bar with marshmallows, chocolate, peanut butter and peanuts in 30 minutes!
The holidays are the time of year when we can indulge on decadent and fun Dessert Recipes, like Magic Cookie Bars. Chocolate Marshmallow Peanut Butter Squares are a dessert that kids of all ages will love and are an indulgent treat that are so easy to make.
CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW PEANUT BUTTER BARS
There are few things that go together better than marshmallows and chocolate, except maybe marshmallows, chocolate, peanuts, and peanut butter. Chocolate Marshmallow Peanut Butter Squares are the perfect no bake blend of sweet, crunchy, chewy, soft, and hard, and they’re extremely easy to make.
This is the perfect simple marshmallow recipe to make with the whole family, since there’s plenty for everyone to do, and you can do all of the cooking in a saucepan on low heat yourself so no one burns themselves. I usually leave my kids in charge of the chocolate chips, which means that a lot of them never make it into the pan, which is a risk I just have to take.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Marshmallow bars are best served straight from the fridge, since cooling them makes them firm and brings out all the flavors. Honestly, the most difficult part about making this easy recipe is waiting for the squares to harden in the fridge. These are great to serve up at a holiday party or potluck, since this is a gluten free recipe that many can enjoy.
MORE MARSHMALLOW BAR RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW PEANUT BUTTER BARS
- Add the condensed milk, peanut butter chips, 1 cup chocolate chips, peanut butter and vanilla into a large dutch oven.
- Cook on medium low heat for about 5 minutes (mixture will be very thick).
- Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Mix in half of the marshmallows, peanuts and remaining chocolate chips.
- Top with the rest of them pushing them in slightly to adhere them to the mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until fully chilled before slicing.
VARIATIONS ON CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW PEANUT BUTTER SQUARES
- Add ins: Add in a handful or two of sliced or chopped nuts like cashews, pecans, or walnuts. You can also add some pretzel bits, Chex or Rice Krispies cereal in to the mix for a salty sweet combination.
- Chips: If you aren’t a huge fan of milk chocolate, you can switch things up a bit by changing the flavors of the chocolate chips you add. Try white chocolate, peanut butter chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chips.
- Marshmallows: If you want to make the whole recipe from scratch, you can use my recipe for Homemade Marshmallows. You can shape these into whatever size you want, and I’ve occasionally used a mini cookie cutter on them to make them into cute Christmas shapes.
CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW PEANUT BUTTER SQUARES FAQS
- How do you melt marshmallows? You can use a saucepan to melt them, or you can put them in a microwave safe bowl and microwave them. Make sure to stir to keep them from burning or fusing to the bowl.
- Is microwaving marshmallows safe? Yes, but I think you get a better texture and taste by melting them in a saucepan instead. Plus the clean up is easier, marshmallows can get really messy in a microwave.
MORE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW PEANUT BUTTER SQUARES
- Serve: You can store Chocolate Marshmallow Peanut Butter Squares at room temperature for up to 2 days. Always keep them in an airtight container or sealable bag. I recommend keeping them on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Store: You can store Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: You can freeze your Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares for up to 4 months.
Chocolate Marshmallow Peanut Butter Squares
- Yield: 18 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
Chocolate Marshmallow Peanut Butter Squares are an easy no-bake bar with marshmallows, chocolate, peanut butter and peanuts in 30 minutes!
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with vegetable oil spray or line with parchment paper.
Add the condensed milk, peanut butter chips, 1 cup chocolate chips, peanut butter and vanilla into a large dutch oven on medium low heat for about 5 minutes (mixture will be very thick).
Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
Mix in half of the marshmallows, peanuts and remaining chocolate chips then top with the rest of them pushing them in slightly to adhere them to the mixture.
Refrigerate for 2 hours until fully chilled before slicing.
Yield: 18 Servings, Amount per serving: 262 calories, Calories: 262g, Carbohydrates: 37g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 11mg, Sodium: 144mg, Potassium: 134mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 29g, Vitamin A: 212g, Vitamin C: 2g, Calcium: 92g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.