Christmas Popcorn Crunch is an easy holiday snack recipe. Sweet and salty popcorn with white chocolate, pretzels, M&M candies, and sprinkles.
CHRISTMAS POPCORN CRUNCH
It’s easy to get to the top of Santa’s nice list with this festive holiday treat! Also known as Santa Munch, all you need to make this tasty Christmas Popcorn Crunch is some popped buttery popcorn, white chocolate chips, M&M candies, pretzels, and sprinkles. It’s ready in minutes and lasts for weeks, so it’s the perfect sweet to enjoy all holiday season long.
Christmas Popcorn Crunch can be made with fresh popped popcorn or you can used bagged popcorn to save a step. If you are swapping in pre-made bagged popcorn, try Kettle Corn for an extra sweet treat, or use Cheddar Popcorn for a savory, salty layer of flavor. You can make homemade fresh popcorn (we have instructions below!) or use microwave popcorn. No matter what type of popcorn you are using, make sure you sift out any unpopped popcorn kernels.
Kids of most ages can join in the fun to help make this Christmas Popcorn Crunch. To prevent burns, make sure fresh popcorn is completely cooled before using. Always use oven mitts to handle the hot bowl to pour melted chocolate. A long handled wooden spoon is perfect for small helpers to stir everything together. White chocolate doesn’t set super quickly, so there is time to let it cool slightly before spreading onto the baking sheet.
This sweet and salty snack mix is great for holiday parties or for edible holiday gifts. Once you have made a big batch and let it set, break it apart and place in treat bags. Make this treat year-round for any special occasion, just swap out the candies and festive cellophane bags. Try red and blue candy pieces for the Fourth of July or make rainbow Funfetti popcorn crunch mix for birthdays!
MORE HOLIDAY CANDY RECIPES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CHRISTMAS POPCORN CRUNCH
- Chocolate Chips: The white chocolate lets the festive sweets in this holiday popcorn snack mix stand out, but you can always use dark chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, or other baking chips for different flavors.
- Candy Melts: Instead of white chocolate chips, you can use vanilla almond bark, or white chocolate candy melts. For a more festive look, use colored candy melts to drizzle over the prepared Christmas Popcorn Crunch.
- Christmas Candies: Other festive sweets to mix-in are crushed candy canes, peppermint M&Ms, or other small red and green candy.
- Valentine’s Popcorn Crunch: For Valentine’s Day, make this sweet treat with mini cinnamon heart candy and use red and pink sprinkles!
- More Mix-ins: Try adding other snack mix-ins like mini marshmallows, Reese’s Pieces, crushed Oreo cookies, chopped nuts, or dried fruit. You can add up to about 1 cup total extra mix-ins before you made need more melted white chocolate.
Easy Stove Top Popcorn Recipe
In a large, heavy bottom pot, add 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (or olive oil) and 2 unpopped kernels. Heat, covered, over medium high heat until kernels have popped, then add ¼ cup popcorn kernels. Shake kernels until covered in oil and cover pot. Shake occasionally while popcorn pops. Once there is a 2-3 second gap between pops, your popcorn is ready.
MORE WHITE CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CHRISTMAS POPCORN CRUNCH
- Serve: Let Christmas Popcorn Crunch cool completely so white chocolate is set. Once set, break crunch mix into pieces and keep in a sealed plastic bag at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- Store: Store Christmas Popcorn Crunch in the refrigerator for up to 1 month in a sealed plastic bag or airtight container. Bring to room temperature to serve.
- Freeze: Once cooled and set, transfer Christmas Popcorn Crunch pieces to a freezer safe storage bag and squeeze out any air. Freeze for up to 6 months and thaw at room temperature to serve.
- 9 cups popped popcorn
- 12 ounces White Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 1 cup green and red M&M candies
- 1/4 cup green and red sprinkles , jimmies
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until fully melted.
- Drizzle most of the white chocolate over popped popcorn and mini pretzels in a large bowl.
- Add in M&M candies and toss.
- Spread onto 2 baking sheets lined with wax paper as spread apart as possible to avoid large clumps.
- Drizzle the remaining white chocolate on top of the popcorn and sprinkle on the green and red jimmies
- Let set then break apart gently.