Slow Cooker Peppermint Hot Chocolate is the perfect drink for a holiday party. It’s thick and creamy with chocolate, vanilla, and peppermint.
There’s nothing better than curling up with a warm drink like Hot Chocolate or Apple Cider on a winter afternoon. This recipe for Crockpot Hot Chocolate is easy to serve as a festive Dessert with an extra holiday flavor of peppermint added.
It’s hard to think of anything cozier than enjoying Hot Cocoa around the Christmas tree. Crockpot Hot Chocolate is perfect for the holiday season! Instead of making hot cocoa fresh on the stovetop, you can prep it in advance and leave it simmering in the crockpot. Put it out during a potluck, party, or Christmas Eve for everyone to enjoy throughout the evening.
Along with its convenience, Crockpot Hot Chocolate tastes absolutely wonderful. The chocolate with peppermint blends into the vanilla and creamy ingredients perfectly for the ultimate Hot Cocoa. Crockpot Peppermint Hot Chocolate is sure to be a huge hit with kids and adults alike!
MAKE A PEPPERMINT HOT CHOCOLATE BAR
A fun way to serve this festive treat is to have bowls of optional toppings to make your own little hot chocolate bar. Mini marshmallows, candy cane bits, chocolate shavings, Chocolate Ganache, Salted Caramel Sauce, sprinkles, and Whipped Cream are some delicious options. Along with the candy cane pieces you can also have whole canes for garnish. If you put out all the delicious toppings everyone can just pick their favorite type to make delicious and personalized mugs of Hot Chocolate. It’s like a treat and a bit of an activity in one.
MORE PEPPERMINT CHOCOLATE RECIPES
PEPPERMINT HOT CHOCOLATE AS A GIFT
Homemade treats are great for frugal gift ideas. While you can’t exactly deliver a mug of hot chocolate in the mail to your friends and relatives, you can make this into an adorable and thoughtful Christmas gift.
- Start by adding the cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and salt to a mason jar.
- You can add on additional toppings like candy cane bits, and mini marshmallows to fill the space on top.
- Seal the Hot Cocoa Mix and tie a ribbon or twine around the top.
- You can type up the liquid ingredients and instructions. Then print it out as a tag and tie it to the mug. That way everyone who gets the gift will be able to make their own fresh, piping hot crockpot of delicious Peppermint Hot Chocolate.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON SLOW COOKER PEPPERMINT HOT CHOCOLATE
- Type of milk: You can change the type of milk you use in Crockpot Peppermint Hot Chocolate. Try out almond milk, oat milk, or soy milk for dairy-free options. If you want the entire recipe dairy-free, you’ll have to replace the chocolate and heavy cream with dairy-free alternatives.
- Dark Chocolate: For a more bittersweet chocolate flavor, use dark chocolate instead of semisweet. You can use dark chocolate chips or cut up a bar of chocolate to put the pieces in the recipe.
- Extra Peppermint: For a little peppermint crunch, break apart pieces of peppermint candies or use candy cane bits to sprinkle over the top. Alternatively, you could stick whole canes in as a garnish in each mug.
- Boozy Hot Chocolate: For a little kick of alcohol, mix in 1 ½ to 2 cups peppermint schnapps or your favorite type of liqueur before serving.
MORE DELICIOUS CLASSIC HOLIDAY DRINKS
HOW TO STORE SLOW COOKER PEPPERMINT HOT CHOCOLATE
- Serve: Crockpot Peppermint Hot Chocolate shouldn’t be left at room temperature for more than 2 hours. If you’re planning to leave it out for a party, just leave the slow cooker on low heat and stir it before each time you serve it.
- Store: If you have leftover hot chocolate, let it cool down then put it in an airtight container to store in the fridge. It will stay good for 4 days.
- Freeze: You can even freeze Hot Chocolate for up to 3 months. Just let it thaw in the fridge and then reheat it on the stove or in a slow cooker. Mix it thoroughly before serving.
- To your slow cooker add the milk, heavy cream, and cocoa powder, whisk very well until smooth.
- Add in the chocolate chips and salt and stir.
- Cook on low for 1-2 hours.
- Whisk well until chocolate chips are fully melted.
- Add vanilla extract and peppermint extract, whisk well and serve immediately.
- Keep on warm, covered, if serving during a party, and stir before serving each time.