Classic Shrimp Alfredo is a fresh seafood version of alfredo pasta with fettuccine pasta, perfectly seasoned shrimp, and cheesy, creamy sauce.
Alfredo Shrimp Fettuccine is the perfect family-friendly weeknight dinner that combines simple seafood with a classic, delicious Pasta Dish. It’s an excellent seafood alternative to Chicken Alfredo Pasta.
If you’re in the mood for some major comfort food, then look no further than this Shrimp Alfredo Pasta. Homemade Alfredo Sauce, filling pasta, and flavorful bites of seafood are all combined in this creamy dish. Delicious shrimp alfredo is made with simple ingredients and extra delicious melty, cheesy sauce for the ultimate indulgent dinner.
This classic noodle and tender shrimp recipe is sure to become a new favorite dish for quick weeknight meals. It only takes about 25 minutes to make the entire creamy pasta dish, and other than cooking the pasta it’s all made in one pan. But, despite how easy it is Fettuccine Alfredo Shrimp looks and tastes amazing and is sure to impress anyone who tries it.
We’ve included the recipe for a simple, and flavorful cream-based alfredo sauce as part of this recipe. However, if you want a slightly tangier, rich alfredo sauce option, try our Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce. It’s super easy to make, and you can toss the shrimp and pasta in it for an amazing meal that tastes just as amazing as this recipe.
- Pasta: We use fettuccini pasta for this recipe. The thick noodles do a great job holding up under the heavier, creamy sauce so they’re perfect for this dish.
- Shrimp: Peeled and deveined shrimp are easy to cook up in a pan. They turn out pink and have the perfect tender, crispy texture.
- Shrimp seasoning: The shrimp is flavored simply with salt, pepper, and a little paprika.
- Alfredo sauce: The base of the sauce is made with melted butter, heavy cream, and melty parmesan cheese. Then it gets extra flavor from minced garlic and fresh parsley.
MORE PASTA RECIPES
- Pasta: Bring a pot of water to a boil. Then add the fettuccini noodles to the cooking water, and cook for 1 minute shy of the pasta box instructions. Drain the cooked pasta noodles and set them to the side.
- Cook shrimp: After deveining shrimp, season them with salt, pepper, and paprika. Then add a bit of olive oil to the base of a large skillet at medium-high heat. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook on each side for 1-2 minutes until the shrimp is pink. Then remove the shrimp from the pan.
- Cooking alfredo sauce: Add the butter and garlic to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Then whisk in the heavy cream and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook the sauce for 3 minutes, while stirring often. Add in the parmesan cheese and black pepper, stir until the cheese is melted. If you want to thicken the alfredo sauce more, you can also add in extra parmesan cheese.
- Combine: Add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss it with the sauce until coated. Then add the shrimp, and toss gently. Garnish with parsley and extra parmesan cheese to serve the Alfredo Shrimp Fettuccine.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
- Noodles: If you don’t have fettuccini noodles, you can try your other favorite noodle options. Try classic spaghetti, macaroni, rotini, penne, or rigatoni pasta.
- Seasonings: You can top the Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo off with fresh basil, rosemary, paprika powder, onion powder, chili powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Vegetables: Try adding fresh mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, or bell peppers to the dish for some extra texture, flavor, and nutrients.
- Seafood alfredo: You can also add other kinds of seafood to the recipe like crab meat, scallops, and lobster.
MORE SEAFOOD RECIPES
HOW TO STORE
- Serve: Shrimp Alfredo Pasta can stay good at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
- Store: Once the dish has cooled, you can put it in an airtight container to store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Freeze: Unfortunately, the creamy sauce and pasta won’t keep their texture well if you put them in the freezer. You can freeze the shrimp for up to 10 months. Then make the sauce and pasta fresh to serve.
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 1 pound shrimp , (16-20 count) peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 cups Parmesan cheese , shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese and parsley , for garnish
- Cook pasta 1 minute shy of directions on the box, then drain and set aside.
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Add olive oil to a large deep skillet on medium-high heat.
- Cook on each side for 1-2 minutes until well pink, then remove from the pan.
- Add butter and garlic to a medium saucepan on medium heat.
- Whisk in heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in Parmesan cheese and black pepper, stirring until cheese is melted and the sauce has thickened.
- Add pasta to the pan and toss well.
- Top with shrimp and stir gently to coat.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese if desired and garnish with parsley.