Homemade Alfredo Sauce with Cream Cheese is the creamiest, easiest quick fettuccini Alfredo ever! Made with just 5 ingredients in 20 minutes.
ALFREDO SAUCE WITH CREAM CHEESE
If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner tonight, this is the Alfredo Sauce for you. Made in less than 20 minutes, this tasty creamy Alfredo Sauce with Cream Cheese tossed with your favorite pastas sure to be a weeknight go-to meal.
This Alfredo Sauce with Cream Cheese recipe comes together with just a handful of inexpensive ingredients. It’s much richer and creamier than any store-bought sauce and you can easily double the recipe to freeze for later.
This easy creamy sauce can be used in so many ways, not just pasta dishes. Serve Alfredo Sauce with Cream Cheese over wide noodle pastas like fettuccine, cheesy stuffed pastas like tortellini, or substitute it in Meat Lasagna.
Spoon this creamy sauce over side dishes like Roasted Broccoli and Roasted Red Potatoes to turn them into main dishes. Top Baked Chicken Thighs with this easy Alfredo Sauce for a quick and filling keto dinner.
Alfredo Sauce with Cream Cheese makes an easy and delicious dipping sauce for Garlic Bread or French Roll Breadsticks. Next time you throw a party, keep Alfredo Sauce with Cream Cheese warm in a mini crockpot, stirring occasionally, served with bread for a tasty Italian appetizer.
MORE EASY, DELICIOUS HOMEMADE SAUCES
Using Grated Parmesan and Cream Cheese:
The total time to make Alfredo Sauce with Cream Cheese goes quickly if your cream cheese is softened. Put cream cheese on counter about 30-45 minutes before you want start dinner or just put it in a microwave safe bowl covered with a wet paper towel and microwave it for 90 seconds on half power.
Either way do NOT use cold cream cheese. If you use cold cream cheese, don’t try to increase the heat to cook faster. Cooking dairy at a high heat curdles it so you won’t get a creamy sauce.
Easily grate parmesan at home for Alfredo Sauce with Cream Cheese using either the fine side of your cheese grater (making fine shreds) or use a food processor. For this quick and easy version we actually used the grated Parmesan you buy in a shaker and it was DELICIOUS. No gritty aftertaste.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON ALFREDO SAUCE WITH CREAM CHEESE
- Bacon: Who wouldn’t love Bacon Alfredo Sauce? Cook a few bacon slices until crispy, crumble, and stir into sauce with the parmesan or right before serving.
- Veggies: Add veggies like sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, fresh diced tomatoes (seeds removed), sautéed mushrooms, or thawed frozen peas to your sauce with the parmesan cheese.
- Heavy Cream: For an extra rich and creamy Alfredo Sauce, substitute heavy whipping cream for the whole milk in this recipe. You can also use half and half!
- Spices: Give your Alfredo more flavor with Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, dried basil, or a pinch of nutmeg. Garnish with fresh chopped Italian parsley.
- Cheese: Make this sauce even more creamy and decadent with more fresh shredded cheese like provolone, mozzarella, or white cheddar stirred in at the end until melted.
- Fettuccini Alfredo: Toss this creamy sauce with fettuccini pasta cooked to al dente, with a little reserved pasta water as needed, and top with Grilled Chicken Breasts or Grilled Lime Shrimp for an easy dinner.
EASY ITALIAN PASTA DISHES
HOW TO STORE ALFREDO SAUCE WITH CREAM CHEESE
- Serve: This sauce is best served hot and right away but can be at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
- Store: Store Alfredo Sauce in an airtight container in a refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring often.
- Freeze: Cool Alfredo Sauce completely and put in a sealed container, with a small gap between the sauce and the lid. Freeze sauce for 4-6 months and thaw in fridge overnight before reheating.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large dutch oven on medium heat, whisk together the butter, cream cheese, garlic, salt and pepper until smooth and creamy (the cream cheese needs to be softened or this will take a long time).
- Slowly whisk in the milk until smooth.
- Whisk in the grated parmesan cheese and cook for 3-4 minutes until thickened.