Chicken Alfredo Pasta is always a family favorite. The pasta is topped with creamy, cheesy sauce and tender chicken breast for a filling, tasty dish.
Alfredo Pasta is a delicious dish you can find at any of your favorite Italian restaurants, but rich alfredo sauce, pasta, and chicken are perfectly easy to make yourself. You can have this indulgent, comforting Dinner Recipe ready in just 20 minutes! For more surprisingly simple Italian dishes try making Chicken Parmesan or Bolognese next.
CHICKEN ALFREDO PASTA
When you need a dinner that’s filling, easy, and family-friendly, you can’t go wrong with Chicken Alfredo. It’s a great recipe to make for a big group because if you need a little extra food, you can always just serve everyone some extra pasta. The rich Alfredo Sauce is also a favorite with kids so this is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Chicken Alfredo Pasta gets most of its taste from the ultra-creamy sauce. Alfredo Sauce is made with heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. It coats the pasta and chicken making the whole dish creamy and cheesy.
Of course, the pieces of chicken breast make the dish more filling and add flavorful, healthy protein. The recipe is already quite easy, but it’s even quicker if you already have cooked chicken. Try making this dish as a way to use up leftover Chicken Breast. That way you’ll only have to cook the pasta and make the Alfredo sauce. Then break the chicken into pieces and reheat it before adding it to the pasta dish.
MORE PASTA RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST CHICKEN ALFREDO
- Pasta: Start the recipe by cooking the pasta 1 minute shy of what the box says until they’re just al dente. Drain the noodles and set them to the side while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Chicken: Slice chicken into 4 thin fillets. Then season each filet with salt and pepper. Add a little olive oil to the base of a skillet over medium-high heat, then add the chicken to brown it. It should only need a 6-8 minute cook time for each side. You might have to do this in batches depending on how big of a pan you have. Remove the chicken from the pan once it’s browned and set it to the side.
- Alfredo sauce: Put a saucepan over medium heat and add the butter and garlic. Whisk in the heavy cream and bring it to a light simmer. Cook it for 3 minutes while continuing to stir it often. Add the grated parmesan cheese and black pepper. Stir the cheese in until it melts and the sauce thickens.
- Assemble: Cut the chicken into thin pieces and toss it into the pan with the sauce and pasta. Toss the mixture together, then garnish it with extra parmesan cheese and parsley before serving.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CHICKEN ALFREDO PASTA
- Pasta: Although fettuccini pasta is what’s typically used in Chicken Alfredo Pasta, you can use other kinds of past in the recipe. Try using linguine, spaghetti, rigatoni, or penne pasta.
- Chicken broth: Add to the taste of the pasta by cooking it in chicken broth instead of regular pasta water. If you use chicken broth instead of pasta water, you have to be very careful not to overcook the pasta. You could also just use salted water for some extra flavor.
- Add-ins: For some extra flavor and texture try cooking up some sliced mushrooms, broccoli, spinach or onions to go into the Chicken Alfredo.
- Seasonings: Experiment with the flavor by adding herbs and spices like fresh parsley, freshly ground black pepper, oregano, basil, rosemary, or red pepper flakes.
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CHICKEN ALFREDO PASTA
- Serve: Don’t leave Chicken Alfredo Pasta at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: Let the dish cool completely, then put it in an airtight container to store in the fridge. It will stay good for 2-3 days.
- Freeze: Properly sealed, you can also freeze Alfredo for up to 3 months.
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 2 chicken breasts , boneless and skinless
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 cups Parmesan cheese , shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese and parsley , for garnish
- Cook pasta 1 minute shy of directions on the box, then drain and set aside.
- Butterfly the chicken into 4 thin fillets.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to a large deep skillet on medium-high heat.
- Cook on each side for 6-8 minutes until well browned, then remove from the pan.
- Add butter and garlic to a medium saucepan on medium heat.
- Whisk in heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in Parmesan cheese and black pepper, stirring until cheese is melted and the sauce has thickened.
- Cut the chicken into strips, add back into the pan.
- Add pasta to the pan and toss well.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese if desired and garnish with parsley.