Slow Cooker Chicken Breast is the most juicy, flavorful seasoned boneless skinless chicken breast that you won’t believe was made in a Crockpot!
Easy weeknight main dishes like Oven Baked Chicken Breast are not only healthy, they are dinners the whole family enjoys. It fits right in with other well loved, family friendly Chicken Dinner Recipes that are stress free and delicious.
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN BREAST
A frequent reader question on Slow Cooker Recipes for chicken or pork is: “can I use boneless chicken breasts?” Usually, the answer is no (or wrap it in bacon) because chicken breasts dry out so easily. There are few things more disappointing when you’re cooking than dry, tough chicken.
Well, now the wait is over for a delicious, moist Slow Cooker Chicken Breast recipe that uses boneless skinless chicken breasts! This chicken recipe makes perfectly juicy, tender breasts in your crockpot and is sure to be your go-to for weeknight dinners.
Chicken Breasts are a comfort food that you can enjoy a few times a week. Easy dinners with chicken and veggies that are healthy, but don’t require a lot of cook time are perfect for families with kids. This Crockpot Chicken recipe fits the bill because it comes together quickly in the slow cooker and it will be delicious in just a few hours.
Boneless Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts are full of so much flavor and come out fork tender without falling apart. Use these as your main dish, served with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans, or add them to all kinds of recipes. You can find some side dish favorites the whole family will love down below.
Can I use frozen chicken breasts?
Using frozen chicken breasts will release a lot of moisture and there will be a lot more liquid in the crockpot. This is best if you plan on using for a recipe calling for shredded chicken, but I don’t recommend for serving as a main dish.
Can I use boneless chicken thighs?
You can use chicken thighs in this recipe, just keep in mind that they cook faster than chicken breasts so you’ll want to reduce the cook time.
Sides Dishes to Serve With Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts:
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER CHICKEN BREAST
- Add chicken in whole breasts: Keeping the breasts whole will keep in as much moisture as possible since the meat is so low in fat. If you cut the breasts into chunks, the chicken will come out more dry and tough.
- Shred minimally: When shredding or cutting you don’t have to shred the chicken too small or it’ll be like a filling versus a meal.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
EASY DINNER IDEAS FOR SLOW COOKER CHICKEN BREAST
- Chicken Tacos: Use Taco Seasoning instead of the spices in this recipe. Once cooked, shred chicken and serve in soft taco shells with your favorite toppings.
- Chicken Alfredo: Add a teaspoon of dried oregano and basil to your spices to make Italian chicken. Cook fettuccine per package instruction, until al dente. Drain pasta and add jar of your favorite Alfredo (or make Quick Jalapeno Alfredo) to a pan. Warm sauce and serve over noodles. Top with sliced chicken breast.
- Chicken Casserole: Add chopped or shredded chicken breast to your favorite casseroles that call for cooked chicken.
- Chicken Soup: This would make a great “kitchen sink” Chicken Soup. Take veggies that you have leftover and cook in a pot with 4 cups veggie or chicken broth. Add any cooked rice or pasta and this chicken breast. Serve with a side of Dinner Rolls.
- Chicken Salad: Use this recipe as the chicken in Chicken Salad or top a leafy green salad with all your favorite toppings like bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and sliced chicken breast.
Making Crockpot Chicken Breast for Meal Prep
Slow Cooker Chicken Breast is a great meal prep chicken recipe! You can increase the recipe, but be careful not to cook more than about 6 breasts at a time in a large 6-8 qt slow cooker. You don’t want the chicken too crowded. Once cooked, allow to cool completely before storing. Freeze in individual portions for an easy dinner for one. Reheat by thawing in the fridge overnight and cooking in the oven at 350 degrees until warm.
MORE EASY SLOW COOKER CHICKEN DINNERS
HOW TO STORE SLOW COOKER CHICKEN BREAST
- Serve: Set your slow cooker to warm for up to 4 hours before storing this chicken. At room temperature, store after 2 hours.
- Store: Crockpot Chicken Breast is good in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: This chicken freezes well for up to 3 months. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- 4 chicken breasts , boneless skinless
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Add chicken breasts to the slow cooker and pour chicken broth on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.