Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches are an easy dinner or party food made with just three ingredients, piled onto toasted brioche buns and spread with cream cheese.
Just like my recipes for my crazy popular Ultimate Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches, Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches and Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches, these sandwiches have fall apart tender meat that will win over everyone who tries them!
This is a perfect main dish for game day, a summer BBQ or just a lazy weeknight inside with the hubby. If you want to start using the slow cooker more but aren’t really sure where to start, you should definitely try out this recipe. Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches are yummy, tender and extremely portable so you can take them to any BBQ, cookout or potluck you want.
Crockpot buffalo chicken is great for when you have a busy day ahead of you and want to come home to a ready to eat meal that doesn’t come from a microwave. The advantage of a long cook time is that you can set your slow cooker to low and go about your day while it goes to work. This chicken recipe is perfect for sandwiches as well because it infuses the meat with flavor and you can just pull it out and spread it on bread when you’re ready to eat.
If you love chicken wings, you’ll definitely be familiar with buffalo sauce, but you may not have had it with ranch dressing mix before (Try my Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix!). The ranch mix adds a rich, creamy texture to the buffalo sauce and cuts a little bit of the tangy vinegar taste. This blend, along with the cream cheese spread on the toasted brioche buns, makes for a yummy, crunchy sandwich with a little bit of a spicy tang.
If you love Buffalo Chicken flavors you are on the right site! We love ALL THINGS Buffalo flavored!
- Classic Buffalo Wings – These are award winning!
- Boneless Buffalo Wings – Ditch the bones, same award winning sauce!
- Buffalo Wing Sauce – So easy to make your own!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip – One of my most popular recipes on the site!
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip – Even easier made in your slow cooker!
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders – If there were a way to make buffalo chicken better than these sandwiches, these tenders are it!
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER BUFFALO CHICKEN SANDWICHES
- Place the chicken in your slow cooker.
- Mix buffalo sauce and ranch dressing mix.
- Cover chicken in slow cooker with sauce mix.
- Cook in slow cooker on low for six hours (or four hours if cooking on high.)
- Shred the chicken in the slow cooker with two forks.
- Toast brioche buns and spread cream cheese on the buns.
- Add chicken to the buns to create the sandwich and enjoy!
Create a free account to Save Recipes
SLOW COOKER BUFFALO CHICKEN SANDWICH VARIATIONS
- Blue cheese dressing: Blue cheese dressing is a classic buffalo chicken dip at wing restaurants, and for good reason: it’s absolutely delicious. Try drizzling a little over your sandwich for a burst of flavor or add blue cheese crumbles for some added texture. Blue cheese in general is fantastic with buffalo wing sauce.
- Buffalo chicken leftovers: If you want to get creative with your leftover Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken, you can use it in all sorts of different easy recipes. You can shred the chicken, wrap it in a tortilla and make them into tacos, or put it over chips with Pico de Gallo, shredded cheddar cheese, avocado and garlic powder for a plate of nachos as a game day appetizer.
- Hot sauce: Buffalo sauce is already a little tangy, but if you want everything to be spicy you can slice up some fresh jalapeños and layer them on top of the chicken. If spicy food is your regular Tuesday night and you laugh in the face of hot wings, drizzle some hot sauce on top or mix in some habanero flakes into the ranch blend. Keep in mind though that the ranch mix will dull the heat a little bit.
HOW LONG ARE SLOW COOKER BUFFALO CHICKEN SANDWICHES GOOD?
- Serve: You shouldn’t leave your Buffalo Chicken Sandwich out for longer than 2 hours at room temperature or it will start to grow bacteria.
- Store: You can store the meat part of your sandwich in the fridge for up to 3 days in a sealed container.
- Freeze: The meat will be good in the freezer for about 3 months. You should always allow the meat to cool completely to room temperature before you seal it up or you will just trap bacteria inside with it.
WHEN IS SLOW COOKER BUFFALO CHICKEN SAFE TO EAT?
According to a handy chart on the USDA’s website, chicken is safe to eat when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (73.9 degrees C).
Since we are cooking this chicken until it is fall apart tender you won’t have to worry about any food safety issues with undercooking.
- 2 pounds chicken breast , boneless skinless
- 1 cup buffalo sauce , (I used Frank's)
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 8 brioche buns , toasted
- 8 ounces cream cheese , for spreading
- Add chicken, buffalo sauce and ranch dressing mix to slow cooker and mix ingredients together well.
- Cook in slow cooker on low for six hours (use four hours if cooking on high.)
- Shred the chicken in the slow cooker with two forks and mix well with the sauce before adding to your sandwiches with cream cheese as a spread on your buns.