Cookie Dough Truffles made with edible chocolate chip cookie dough full of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and dipped in chocolate with sprinkles, the perfect sweet bite!
COOKIE DOUGH TRUFFLES
Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough meets a chocolate dipped truffle in the perfect dipped dessert bite and they only take 20 minutes to make (if you don’t count the flour baking process).
Edible Cookie Dough has been the craze in the last few years and this recipe capitalizes on it in truffle form.
Is It okay to eat raw flour?
No, you should not eat raw flour just as you should exercise caution in eating raw eggs due to risks of salmonella. Raw flour carries the risks of E. coli bacteria.
To prevent illness from eating raw flour you must heat treat your flour.
How to heat treat flour:
Heat treating (pasteurizing) flour is the process of baking your flour to 160 degrees to kill bacteria that may be present in the flour by baking it on a baking sheet in a 250 degree oven for 6-8 minutes.
HOW TO STORE COOKIE DOUGH TRUFFLES
Chocolate truffles should be refrigerated in an airtight container.
HOW LONG CAN YOU KEEP COOKIE DOUGH TRUFFLES?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles will keep for about two weeks refrigerated, or longer in the freezer. ‘
If you’re freezing the truffles, I’d recommend not using tempered chocolate as a coating, as it may collect condensation when it defrosts.
If you refrigerate the truffles, make sure to take them out an hour or two before you serve them they are best served at room temperature.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
TOPPINGS FOR THIS COOKIE DOUGH TRUFFLES RECIPE
- Mini chocolate chips
- Cookie crumbs
- Drizzled chocolate
- Shaved Chocolate
- Chopped nuts
MORE HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE DIPPED RECIPES
- Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers
- Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzels
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate melting disks
- Add your flour to a baking sheet and shake side to side until evenly spread out then bake in a 250 degree oven for 6-8 minutes until it reaches 160 degrees, then let cool completely.
- To your stand mixer add the butter, sugar and brown sugar and mix until light and fluffy then add the vanilla, flour, salt and chocolate chips until just combined.
- Using a one tablespoon sized ice cream scoop, scoop the dough and roll into balls then place onto a baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Melt your semisweet chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments until completely smooth then dip the cookie dough using a fork and tap the excess off, then sprinkle immediately before the chocolate dries.