Corn Pudding is a nostalgic side dish with just a handful of ingredients. You’ll LOVE this buttery, creamy, easy side dish for the holidays!
Corn Pudding is the perfect holiday meal side dish!
Corn pudding is a creamier version of your favorite corn casserole or corn soufflé. Made without any flour, the mixture is thickened by using cornstarch.
You’re probably not quite ready to start planning your holiday meals, but I can assure you Dinner, then Dessert is running full steam ahead on the holiday train right now. The test kitchen is at full capacity each day recipe testing of a ton of holiday favorites to be sure you have a lot of options ready for you as you plan your menus.
This corn pudding is the PERFECT side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and more. It also helps that there isn’t any prep needed for this dish. It is as simple as dump, stir and bake. In addition to that, this is a VERY cost effective side dish capable of serving a large crowd.
Spice up your corn pudding with these flavor ideas:
- Mexican Corn Pudding: Add cumin and cayenne pepper with some oregano and top with cotija cheese.
- Jalapeno Popper Corn Pudding: Add chopped jalapeno and dot with cream cheese before baking.
- BBQ Corn Pudding: Add some caramelized bits of bacon and onion to the mixture and either top with pulled pork or serve on the side.
- Shrimp and Grits: Cajun seasoned chopped shrimp with bits of bacon and onion.
Looking for more side dishes?
- How To Cook Spaghetti Squash (The Ultimate Guide)
- Slow Cooker Mushroom Rice
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- Roasted Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots
Want More Thanksgiving Options?
- Crispy Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- Crispy Slow Cooker Turkey
- Slow Cooker Turkey with Gravy, Candied Sweet Potatoes & Green Peas
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Carrots
- Pumpkin Pecan Streusel Pie
Have a holiday favorite you want me to test/post? Please leave a comment below, I’d love to share recipes you’ll enjoy with family this holiday season!
Tools used in the making of this Corn Pudding:
Baking Pan: This is great as it looks good for serving but is long enough to keep the baked pudding shallow.
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup butter room temperature
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 can whole kernel corn 15.25 ounce can, drained
- 2 cans cream-style corn 14.75 ounce cans
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the milk to a large bowl.
- Add in the cornstarch and whisk fully.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir until combined.
Pour into a large casserole baking dish and cook for an hour.
Yield: 12 Servings, Amount per serving: 176 calories, Calories: 176g, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 82mg, Sodium: 341mg, Potassium: 173mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 7g, Vitamin A: 335g, Vitamin C: 4g, Calcium: 26g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.