Easy Corn Casserole made in one bowl with just five ingredients including sour cream, corn and corn muffin mix, this is the easiest holiday side dish ever!
We’re also fans of the alternate version of this dish, Corn Pudding, which is more corn, less cornbread consistency but equally delicious too!
Corn Casserole is a holiday staple in our house, not just for Christmas and Thanksgiving, but also for Easter. Yes, I just said Easter, this is how far ahead I plan on the blog to give you guys all the delicious recipes in time for the holidays!
Corn Casserole is one of those old school one bowl recipes that Jiffy Corn Mix brilliantly came up with to make use of their corn muffin mix. It’s a mix of corn, creamy pudding and cornbread all in one. There’s a slight tang to it from the sour cream, but no other flavors like cheese or spices.
Easy Easter Dinner:
The only thing not on the blog (that we make for Easter Dinner) yet is the easy dinner rolls and bacon green bean bundles we make to round out the big family meal.
This recipe also calls for Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix and creamed corn, two ingredients which are also recipes I make at home. For the sake of this recipe I will leave them as is, but I’ve listed below the mini recipes for those ingredients for you in case you’d like to make the corn casserole with whole ingredients instead of pre-made products.
Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix Recipe:
Whisk together all the ingredients well in a bowl.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Canned Cream Corn Recipe:
- 2 cups corn
- 2 tablespoons water
- Add 1 cup of corn and 2 tablespoons of water to a food processor and puree well.
- Remove to a bowl.
- Add another 1 cup of corn to the food processor and pulse ten times.
- Mix all the corn together.
I first blogged about this recipe on my friend Alyssa’s site, The Recipe Critic.
Easy Corn Casserole Recipe
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 1 box (8 oz) Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
- 1 can (15 oz) whole kernel corn drained
- 1 can (15 oz) creamed corn not drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup melted butter
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter or spray an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
Add to the baking pan and bake for 45-55 minutes.
- The top should be puffy and slightly browned.
Yield: 12 Servings, Amount per serving: calories
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.Save Recipe