Creamy Turkey and Swiss Pasta made with ground turkey, a creamy swiss sauce and penne pasta in just 30 minutes.
We love easy cheesy pasta dinners including Cheesy Taco Pasta and Easy Bacon Carbonara Pasta.
Creamy Turkey and Swiss Pasta
Cheesy Pastas are a quick and easy kid friendly meal we love to serve on hurried evenings when we walk in the door late after activities.
Ground Turkey is an easy option that’s kid friendly and a nice change from chicken. We love using ground turkey breast for this pasta but any ground turkey meat will work just fine. With the added green bell peppers and onions we cook down you can get your kids to enjoy some vegetables with their cheesy noodles.
If your family is not a fan of Swiss cheese you can easily swap out mozzarella cheese, jack cheese or provolone cheese (this is a favorite of ours).
Create a free account to Save Recipes
Easy Kid-Friendly Vegetable Mix-ins:
- bell peppers
- cauliflower (puree or steamed)
- steamed carrots (pureed, especially in macaroni and cheese)
Can you substitute meat in this pasta?
Absolutely. You can use chicken, beef or pork. Turkey and Swiss cheese are natural partners and the mild flavor of ground turkey is a nice balance for the Swiss cheese which is the star of the recipe.
Like this recipe? Then Like us on Facebook!
LOOKING FOR MORE GREAT CHEESY PASTA DISHES? LOOK NO FURTHER:
- Bacon Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper
- Pepperoni Pizza Hamburger Helper
- Philly Cheesesteak Hamburger Helper
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Bake
- 1/2 pound penne pasta (cooked one minute shy of instructions)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion , chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper , chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese , chopped
- Heat canola oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the turkey, salt, pepper, onion and green bell pepper and cook for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add the thyme and garlic and stir.
- Whisk the milk and flour together in a large measuring cup then add to the turkey slowly while whisking.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add in the swiss cheese and pasta and toss to combine.
I made this recipe about a week ago and it nearly broke my husband. He loved this so much it was almost scary. I substituted ground beef for the turkey and added sauteed mushrooms, caramelized onions, and fresh spinach to it. Since I’m adding all those veggies to the recipe, I think I’ll try making a bit more of the Swiss cheese sauce next time. This recipe was fantastic, this will definitely be a permanent part of my meal rotation from now on. Thank you, Sabrina! You rocked my husband’s world with this one.
Haha, love it!! You just made my day!!
Pasta is always a favorite in my house! I need to try your recipe!
It’s definitely a family friendly meal! Enjoy!
I would totally eat this for dinner tonight. Amazing.
I need to try this immediately, it looks so good!
I want to eat some of this right now!
Yum! My family will love this!
Hope you guys enjoy it!
What a delicious idea! Saving to make soon!
This sounds like a great way to eat tuna besides in a casserole. Love this idea!
Sounds super yummy! I’ve always loved turkey w/ Swiss. I think I’ll stir in some thawed peas. Thanks Sabrina 🙂