Creamy Turkey and Swiss Pasta made with ground turkey, a creamy swiss sauce and penne pasta in just 30 minutes.
Creamy Turkey and Swiss Pasta
Cheesy Pastas are a quick and easy kid friendly meal we love to serve on hurried evenings when we walk in the door late after activities.
Ground Turkey is an easy option that’s kid friendly and a nice change from chicken. We love using ground turkey breast for this pasta but any ground turkey meat will work just fine. With the added green bell peppers and onions we cook down you can get your kids to enjoy some vegetables with their cheesy noodles.
If your family is not a fan of Swiss cheese you can easily swap out mozzarella cheese, jack cheese or provolone cheese (this is a favorite of ours).
Create a free account to Save Recipes
Easy Kid-Friendly Vegetable Mix-ins:
- bell peppers
- cauliflower (puree or steamed)
- steamed carrots (pureed, especially in macaroni and cheese)
Can you substitute meat in this pasta?
Absolutely. You can use chicken, beef or pork. Turkey and Swiss cheese are natural partners and the mild flavor of ground turkey is a nice balance for the Swiss cheese which is the star of the recipe.
Like this recipe? Then Like us on Facebook!
LOOKING FOR MORE GREAT CHEESY PASTA DISHES? LOOK NO FURTHER:
- Bacon Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper
- Pepperoni Pizza Hamburger Helper
- Philly Cheesesteak Hamburger Helper
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Bake
- 1/2 pound penne pasta (cooked one minute shy of instructions)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion , chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper , chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese , chopped
- Heat canola oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the turkey, salt, pepper, onion and green bell pepper and cook for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add the thyme and garlic and stir.
- Whisk the milk and flour together in a large measuring cup then add to the turkey slowly while whisking.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add in the swiss cheese and pasta and toss to combine.