Pepperoni Pizza Hamburger Helper is a quick and easy cheesy pasta that tastes like your favorite pizza and it’s ready to eat in just 30 minutes.
We make our own Quick and Easy Marinara Sauce that I keep in the deep freeze for a quick meal during the week. Since my kids are huge fans of pasta we love coming up with fun ways to enjoy pasta as a family (and I love to add in extra vegetables without them knowing).
I call this a Pepperoni Pizza Hamburger Helper but it does contain bell peppers and onions. Some great additional ingredients you can add to this pasta?
- Make it a combo pizza: add in chopped mushrooms and sliced olives.
- Make it a triple meat pizza: Add in either crumbled or sliced sausage or bacon for a three meat pizza.
Looking for more great cheesy pasta dishes? Look no further:
- Bacon Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper
- Cheesecake Factory Louisiana Chicken Pasta (Copycat)
- Cheesy Taco Pasta
- Philly Cheesesteak Hamburger Helper
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Bake
Tools Used in the making of these Pepperoni Pizza Hamburger Helper:
Cast Iron Skillet: This is my most used pan in my kitchen, heavy, keeps heat well and gives the BEST sear ever.
Chef’s Knife: This knife is one of the three most used tools in my kitchen (tongs and my pig tail flipper are the other two). I love it, I’ve had it for almost 10 years and it is as sharp today as the day I got it. (left column, second from the top). Mind you I love it this much even though I have a ridiculously expense knife set as well.
Large Shells Pasta: I am linking to this because when I sent my husband to the store to get large shells he brought home the variety you stuff! So for reference here is the size you need!
Marinara Sauce: If you aren’t making it from scratch this is my favorite prepared variety.
- 1 pound large shells pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 small green bell pepper diced
- 6 ounces pepperoni quartered
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- Cook the large shell pasta according to the directions on the bag and drain (do not rinse).
- Add the ground beef to a large cast iron skillet (this browns very well) and brown until a deep brown crust appears before breaking the beef apart.
- Stir the ground beef and brown until a deep crust appears on about 50 or so percent of the beef.
- Remove the beef (you can leave the fat) and add the butter and the onions and bell peppers.
- Let brown for 1-2 minutes before stirring, then let brown for another 1-2 minutes before stirring again.
- Add the beef back into the pan.
- Add the marinara sauce, pepperoni, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper into the pan.
- Cook until the mixture is only slightly liquidy (about 75% of the mixture is above liquid), 3-5 minutes.
- Add the pasta back to the pan and mix together gently.
- Turn off the heat, add in the mozzarella cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve immediately.