Pepperoni Pizza Hamburger Helper is a quick and easy cheesy pasta that tastes like your favorite pizza and it’s ready to eat in just 30 minutes.
Pepperoni Pizza Hamburger Helper is a quick weeknight dish your whole family will love that has all the flavors of your favorite pepperoni pizza without the takeout! If you like Pizza and ground beef together, you can also try my Pizza Sloppy Joes!
We make our own Quick and Easy Marinara Sauce that I keep in the deep freeze for a quick meal during the week. Since my kids are huge fans of pasta we love coming up with fun ways to enjoy pasta as a family (and I love to add in extra vegetables without them knowing).
I call this a Pepperoni Pizza Hamburger Helper but it does contain bell peppers and onions. Some great additional ingredients you can add to this pasta?
- Make it a combo pizza: add in chopped mushrooms and sliced olives.
- Make it a triple meat pizza: Add in either crumbled or sliced sausage or bacon for a three meat pizza.
Looking for more great cheesy pasta dishes? Look no further:
- Bacon Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper
- Cheesecake Factory Louisiana Chicken Pasta (Copycat)
- Cheesy Taco Pasta
- Philly Cheesesteak Hamburger Helper
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Bake
Tools Used in the making of these Pepperoni Pizza Hamburger Helper:
Cast Iron Skillet: This is my most used pan in my kitchen, heavy, keeps heat well and gives the BEST sear ever.
Chef’s Knife: This knife is one of the three most used tools in my kitchen (tongs and my pig tail flipper are the other two). I love it, I’ve had it for almost 10 years and it is as sharp today as the day I got it. (left column, second from the top). Mind you I love it this much even though I have a ridiculously expense knife set as well.
Large Shells Pasta: I am linking to this because when I sent my husband to the store to get large shells he brought home the variety you stuff! So for reference here is the size you need!
Marinara Sauce: If you aren’t making it from scratch this is my favorite prepared variety.
Pepperoni Pizza Hamburger Helper
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: American-Italian
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 1 pound large shells pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 small green bell pepper diced
- 6 ounces pepperoni quartered
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Cook the large shell pasta according to the directions on the bag and drain (do not rinse).
- Add the ground beef to a large cast iron skillet (this browns very well) and brown until a deep brown crust appears before breaking the beef apart.
- Stir the ground beef and brown until a deep crust appears on about 50 or so percent of the beef.
- Remove the beef (you can leave the fat) and add the butter and the onions and bell peppers.
Let brown for 1-2 minutes before stirring, then let brown for another 1-2 minutes before stirring again.
- Add the beef back into the pan.
- Add the marinara sauce, pepperoni, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper into the pan.
Cook until the mixture is only slightly liquidy (about 75% of the mixture is above liquid), 3-5 minutes.
- Add the pasta back to the pan and mix together gently.
- Turn off the heat, add in the mozzarella cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 8 servings, Amount per serving: 528 calories, Calories: 528g, Carbohydrates: 49g, Protein: 32g, Fat: 22g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 87mg, Sodium: 1085mg, Potassium: 659mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 12.2g, Vitamin C: 21.1g, Calcium: 18.5g, Iron: 19.1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.