M&M’s Stuffed Easy Vanilla Cupcakes
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
M&M’s Stuffed Easy Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting made without a cake mix and with the fluffiest frosting ever!
M&M’s Stuffed Easy Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting made without a cake mix and with the fluffiest frosting ever! Cupcakes are often just made using the same batter as cake and that can lead to dense cupcakes. This batter is exceptionally light and fluffy and the frosting, while wildly blue because blue is a favorite color around these parts is perfectly fluffy!
In the mood for some more cupcakes? I’ve got just what you’re looking for!
- Rainbow Cupcakes with Vanilla Cloud Frosting <–My personal favorite!
- Monster Cookie Dough Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Salted Caramel Cupcakes
- Graham Cracker Cupcakes with S’mores Cookie Dough Filling
- Salted Dark Chocolate Cupcakes Stuffed with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Tools used in making this recipe:
Wilton Round Tip: This tip makes your classic circle shape.
Wilton Decorating Bags: Disposable, easy and sturdy. Ziploc bags may burst so use something stronger like these bags.
M&M Stuffed Vanilla Cupcakes (with a Super Bowl party game printable!)
- 3 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large 12 ounce bag of Peanut M&Ms
- 1 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powered' sugar , sifted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- food coloring , or as needed
- 1 small bag of M&Ms for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line muffin tin with 24 cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the melted butter in a bowl and whisk in sugar - mixture will be gritty.
- Add the eggs, sour cream, milk and vanilla.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until no lumps remain.
- Your batter will be thicker than normal.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Set 24 cupcake liner into two muffin tins.
- Add half the normal amount of batter to your pan.
- Add 6 or so Peanut M&Ms of a single color into each cupcake.
- Try and mix it up, using different colors (except brown which didn't make it into the game).
- Add in the second half of the batter and make sure the M&Ms are covered. If they are not down far enough they will rise out of the top of the cupcake making it impossible to hide what is inide them.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
- Cream room temperature butter with a stand mixer for five to seven minutes until the butter is much lighter in color.
- Add in powdered sugar until fully incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Add in the milk and beat for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add your preferred colors food coloring, if using, and mix until color is completely incorporated.
PS we had ourselves a little football party with these cupcake beauties!
THIS SHOP HAS BEEN COMPENSATED BY COLLECTIVE BIAS, INC. AND ITS ADVERTISER. ALL OPINIONS ARE MINE ALONE.
Dinner, then Dessert, Inc. owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given. If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your own site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page. Read my disclosure and copyright policy. This post may contain affiliate links.