M&M’s Stuffed Easy Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting made without a cake mix and with the fluffiest frosting ever!
M&M’s Stuffed Easy Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting made without a cake mix and with the fluffiest frosting ever! Cupcakes are often just made using the same batter as cake and that can lead to dense cupcakes. This batter is exceptionally light and fluffy and the frosting, while wildly blue because blue is a favorite color around these parts is perfectly fluffy!
In the mood for some more cupcakes? I’ve got just what you’re looking for!
- Rainbow Cupcakes with Vanilla Cloud Frosting <–My personal favorite!
- Monster Cookie Dough Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Salted Caramel Cupcakes
- Graham Cracker Cupcakes with S’mores Cookie Dough Filling
- Salted Dark Chocolate Cupcakes Stuffed with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Tools used in making this recipe:
Wilton Round Tip: This tip makes your classic circle shape.
Wilton Decorating Bags: Disposable, easy and sturdy. Ziploc bags may burst so use something stronger like these bags.
- 3 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large 12 ounce bag of Peanut M&Ms
- 1 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar , sifted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- food coloring , or as needed
- 1 small bag of M&Ms for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line muffin tin with 24 cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the melted butter in a bowl and whisk in sugar - mixture will be gritty.
- Add the eggs, sour cream, milk and vanilla.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until no lumps remain.
- Your batter will be thicker than normal.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Set 24 cupcake liner into two muffin tins.
- Add half the normal amount of batter to your pan.
- Add 6 or so Peanut M&Ms of a single color into each cupcake.
- Try and mix it up, using different colors (except brown which didn't make it into the game).
- Add in the second half of the batter and make sure the M&Ms are covered. If they are not down far enough they will rise out of the top of the cupcake making it impossible to hide what is inide them.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
- Cream room temperature butter with a stand mixer for five to seven minutes until the butter is much lighter in color.
- Add in powdered sugar until fully incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Add in the milk and beat for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add your preferred colors food coloring, if using, and mix until color is completely incorporated.
PS we had ourselves a little football party with these cupcake beauties!
YUM! Vanilla cupcakes are my favorite and these look delicious. I love the colorful frosting and m&m’s.
These look delicious! Great display!
This is so stinking cute I can barely stand it. What a fun idea. This is perfect for game day, or theme parties. Love this post, it’s so creative. Plus M&M’s just rule the world.
The cupcakes are so pretty! Game day or not, they are going to be a hit.
OH yum! Now this is my kind of cupcake. However, I’d probably eat way to many of them but they sure look delicious.
Thanks Sarah! Yes many were quickly consumed!
I am really excited to try to bake mandms into my cupcakes!! My kids will love this idea – maybe even for game day!
Thanks Erin! They turned out awesome. Next time I may even bake a rainbow of them into each one since my oldest is in love with EVERYTHING rainbow!
Can I come to your party ? This is so cool, I want 2 cupcakes and the Sprinkles ball.
The sprinkles ball was won in a game of rock paper scissors between two people who wanted it! It was hilarious! And you are always welcome 😉
This recipe looks so delicious and easy to make. I will have to add this recipe to my bake list this weekend.
I will have to get the supplies i need to make these cupcakes this weekend. My family will love them. This is a great printable for game day.
This is a great game day table. These cupcakes look delicious. I will have to try the recipe.
Such a cute party and set up! Great photograph too!
Oh, how cute! These would be so much fun at any party!
Everything looks amazing! I would love to try those cupcakes. What a neat idea! Very colorful too. Just what my daughters love.
I want to come over for the superbowl at your house!! All of this food looks so good what a great game too!
Thanks Vera! We definitely has a blast!
These look so tasty. What a fun and adorable spread! I want to party at your house.
Aww thanks! We love throwing parties around here!
These look amazing! I have the biggest addiction to m&ms so this would be something I could make and probably eat off of myself they look so good!
This is hilarious fun! And I love the cupcakes themselves–YUM!
This looks like something the whole family would enjoy. Everyone loves cupcakes especially with candy inside.
Yes! The candy in the middle was a huge hit!
I love that you use peanutbutter M&Ms for the recipe. The peanut butter would add just the right flavor to these treats. Great idea!
I used Peanut M&M’s but oh my goodness peanut butter M&M’s would be AMAZING!! I like how you think!
ha ha – I want that giant football!
these cupcakes are so fun, and I love the whole spread – yum!
That giant football was the BEST!! The volume level in the house with people playing with it was amazing and when we went outside to play with it the kids had a total blast trying to jump on it!
Cupcakes look scrumptious but I have a savory question: did you have mini hoagie rolls for the mini cheesesteaks? Where could I find some?
I didn’t, I used the hawaiian rolls for a quick fix. I suspect the best option for a mini hoagie would probably be the small crusty dinner rolls at Whole Foods. I think I used them once for a party I catered for you guys. I got them from the underground WF not the one down the street.
Those look fantastic! You can’t go wrong with a cupcake candy combo. Yummo!
This looks amazing! I definitely want to make this for Super Bowl Sunday! It would be a fun way to get a dessert.
Thanks Jeanette! It was a fun way to have our own little game alongside the football game!
These are awesome. I am a huge fan of any kind of cupcakes, but then add in my favorite candy and I am sold.
Thanks Robin! Me too, I had to stop myself from eating them until we could get some photos of them!
These look like a lot of fun to make! And so cute too 🙂 They’ll be a hit at any party they’re served at!!
Thanks Shaun! They were a HUGE hit!