Oreo Brownies are the ultimate fudge brownie recipe! Gooey, fudgy brownies full of Oreo cookie chunks with the perfect rich and easy chocolate brownie base.
There are few comforts like biting into a rich, fudgy homemade brownie. Warm gooey chocolate brownies with a glass of ice cold milk are just so satisfying, like a big hug by a yummy dessert. Homemade brownies are just so much richer than box mix and just about as easy!
This Oreo Brownie recipe is so easy and delicious you may never go back to boxed brownie mix again. Just a handful of pantry and fridge ingredients plus those famous (at least on this site) Oreo Cookies to make the best brownies ever.
Oreo Brownies can be made with just large bowl so there is minimal clean up. You can let little helpers do the stirring since no beaters are needed. Just keep an eye out that they don’t gobble up all the fudgy brownie batter or crushed Oreos.
The best brownies are gooey and fudgy so you don’t want to over bake these Oreo Brownies. Use a toothpick to measure doneness and there should be moist crumbs on the toothpick. To cut gooey Oreo Brownies easier, cool them in the fridge for an hour before cutting them… if you can wait that long to eat them!
You can change up this Oreo Brownies recipe in so many ways, it’s almost like a million recipes in one. From changing what kind of Oreo cookies you use to adding cheesecake or cookie dough, the possibilities for these yummy brownies are endless.
Of course Oreo Brownies are delicious all by themselves but that doesn’t mean you can’t add toppings like Buttercream Frosting. Serve these with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream for a Oreo Brownie Sundae complete with Whipped Cream, Hot Fudge, crushed peanuts, and a cherry on top!
MORE DELICIOUS BROWNIE RECIPES:
VARIATIONS ON OREO BROWNIES
- Oreo Blondies: Easily make these into Oreo Blondies by replacing the regular sugar with brown sugar and remove the cocoa powder. Ramp up the vanilla flavor with Golden Oreos.
- Oreo Cookies: Try these Oreo Brownies with dark chocolate Oreos, chocolate peanut butter Oreos, or peppermint bark Oreos (add some extra peppermint flavor to the batter with a teaspoon of peppermint extract!)
- Chocolate Chips: Add more sweet goodness by stirring in dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or peanut butter chips to the brownie batter. For a Christmas brownie try mint chocolate chips with peppermint Oreos.
- Cheesecake: Make Oreo Cheesecake Brownies by swirling in the cream cheese filling in like in the Cream Cheese Brownie recipe to this brownie batter before topping with Oreos.
- Brownie Mix: A quick hack is to use brownie mix for the dry ingredients in this recipe, cutting the eggs and butter amounts in half.
- Oreo Brookies: There’s a great Oreo Chunk Brookies recipe on the site too.
Oreo Brownie Cupcakes
To make Oreo Brownie Cupcakes, start by leaving the Oreo cookies whole. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Place one Oreo cookie in each muffin cup. Prepare brownie batter and pour over Oreo cookies. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-22 minutes.
MORE DELICIOUS OREO RECIPES
HOW TO STORE OREO BROWNIES
- Serve: Oreo Brownies can be at room temperature for up to 4 days. Cover with foil and keep in a cool, dry spot.
- Store: Keep your Oreo Brownies a bit longer by storing in the refrigerator for up to 1 week in an airtight container.
- Freeze: These brownies can be kept in the freezer for up to 2 months in a sealed, airtight container. Cool brownies before freezing.
- Yield: 16 brownies
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix half the quartered Oreos into the batter.
- Spread batter evenly into greased baking pan.
- Drop the remaining Oreos evenly onto the top of the batter.
Bake for 28 to 30 minutes.
Yield: 16 brownies, Amount per serving: 317 calories, Calories: 317g, Carbohydrates: 43g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 71mg, Sodium: 153mg, Potassium: 123mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 31g, Vitamin A: 414g, Calcium: 24g, Iron: 2g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.