Cherry Cheesecake Brownies are perfectly fudgy brownies with a layer of rich cheesecake and cherry pie filling over the top. Baked in just 35 minutes!
This simple recipe is the perfect combination of two of the best Desserts out there: Brownies and New York Cheesecake. With rich chocolate and silky cheesecake, these brownies really are the best of both worlds!
CHERRY CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
Cherry Cheesecake Brownies are the perfect dessert to bring to a party, enjoy with your family for a movie night, or serve with Vanilla Ice Cream after dinner. They’re similar to Cream Cheese Brownies, but instead of some cream cheese filling, there’s an entire layer of creamy cheesecake that takes the brownie dessert to the next level.
Both the brownie base and cream cheese layer are made from scratch, but these fudgy, creamy brownies are still very easy to make. You can whip together the brownie batter in just a few minutes for a tried and true brownie batter that turns out perfectly gooey every time. It’s barely more complicated than using a box mix, but it tastes so much better.
If anything the cheesecake layer is even easier. All you have to do is whisk together the cream cheese, egg, vanilla, and sugar together. It’s that simple!
There’s no need for a water bath, springform pan, or any hard steps. Cheesecake Brownies may become a go-to dessert because this Brownie Cherry Cheesecake recipe comes out rich and fudge-like without any complicated cooking directions. Not convinced? Check out the step-by-step guide below to see just how easy it really is.
MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE EASY CHERRY CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
- Prep: Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the baking pan with cooking spray so that the brownies don’t stick to it.
- Brownie Layer: In a mixing bowl, whisk melted butter, sugar, flour, eggs, and vanilla extract together until smooth. Add the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. Whisk the dry ingredients in. Once you’ve mixed the brownie batter, spread it over the base of the prepared pan, and use a spatula to smooth it out.
- Cheesecake: Whisk softened cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla together into a smooth mixture. Spread the cheesecake batter over the chocolate layer.
- Cherries: Drain the cherries from the cherry pie filling out of the can. Leave most of the cherry glaze behind. You can save the glaze for another recipe or use it over the top of the brownies when they’re done baking. Place the cherries over the top of your brownies.
- Bake: Put the brownies in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. You want to keep baking until the cheesecake is set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs but no batter on it.
- Serve: Let the Cheesecake Brownies cool completely before cutting them into squares and serving. You can top the brownies with the cherry glaze, and cool whip.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CHERRY CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
- Chocolate Chips: If you want to add some melty chocolate to the fudgy brownies mix some chocolate chips into the batter. You can use semi-sweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate, or white chocolate. Any of them will make an extra chocolatey and rich brownie recipe.
- Gluten-free: To make Cherry Cheesecake Brownies gluten-free, you’ll have to swap out the flour in the brownie and the cheesecake layer. Use a gluten-free alternative like oat flour or almond flour.
- Cheesecake flavors: Instead of doing a cherry cheesecake, there are other toppings you can add to the cheesecake. Try strawberry or blueberry pie filling on top. You could also drizzle melted peanut butter or a Chocolate Ganache over the top.
- Marbleized Cheesecake Brownies: Instead of just having the cheesecake and brownies in two separate layers you can marbelize the cheesecake with some of the brownie batter. After you’ve prepared the cheesecake mixture add a couple spoonfuls of the brownie batter. Swirl the chocolate in gently, without mixing it into the batter entirely. Just enough so there are chocolate swirls throughout. Spread the marbled cheesecake mixture over the top and enjoy!
- Graham cracker crust topping: Although you can’t have the typical cheesecake crust with these chewy brownies you can add a crumbly graham cracker crust topping inspired by a classic cheesecake crust. Put graham crackers through a food processor to make it into crumbs, then combine it with softened butter so it combines into clumps. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over the top of the cheesecake brownies before serving.
MORE DELICIOUS BROWNIE RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CHERRY CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
- Serve: Due to the cheesecake layer you really don’t want to leave this brownie recipe at room temperature for more than a few hours.
- Store: Wrapped in plastic wrap or kept in an airtight container, you can keep Cherry Cheesecake Brownies in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freeze: To keep the brownies for an extended period of time, store them in an airtight container in the freezer. They’ll stay good for up to 6 months. Let them thaw out in the fridge when you’re ready to eat them.
Chocolate Brownie Layer:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Cherry Cheesecake Layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 ounces cherry pie filling , strained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 9x13 inch baking pan with baking spray.
Chocolate Brownie Layer:
- Whisk together melted butter, sugar, flour, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Spread batter evenly into greased baking pan.
Cherry Cheesecake Layer:
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together softened cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Spread mixture evenly over the chocolate layer.
- Strain the cherries out of the cherry pie filling can leaving behind most of the glaze portion of the can (discard this or use it for another recipe (or serve it atop your brownies).
- Add the cherries in small clusters over the brownies.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until cheesecake is set.
- Let cool completely before slicing and serving.
One of our favorite brownies to make! So tasty!
I’m so glad you love them, Ashley.
These were amazing. All the flavors come together beautifully. So delicious.
I’m glad to know they were such a hit, Laura. Thanks for the 5 stars.
These brownies are so incredibly moist, I served them with ice cream and we couldn’t get enough. I am defiantly adding these to my New Years’ menu!
I haven’t made it yet, but I definitely am!!!I I love this website recipes are phenomenal.
Thanks so much, Donna.