Brownie Cheesecake made with a rich chocolate brownie crust, cheesecake middle and swirled brownie layer on top, filled with chocolate chips!
You know it’s gonna be dessert heaven when you combine Creamy New York Cheesecake and Fudge Brownies. Try this easy recipe with any of our delicious Brownie Recipes!
Calling all chocolate lovers! This is the ultimate chocolate Brownie Cheesecake for you! With not just one but TWO fudgy brownie layers and a rich, creamy cheesecake layer, this decadent cake is sure to be your new favorite dessert!
Brownie Cheesecake looks like a fancy dessert you only find at gourmet restaurants, but it’s easy enough for a home cook to recreate. Unlike a lot of Brownie Cheesecake recipes, this one goes for ultimate brownie and cheesecake experience with a brownie crust and more brownies on top.
This Brownie Cheesecake uses a homemade fudge brownie batter that is made in just one bowl for super easy clean up. You could use a box mix but seriously this brownie mix is just as easy and tastes so much better. With the extra chocolate chips added, you are getting maximum chocolate flavor in every bite.
The cheesecake layer in Brownie Cheesecake is creamy and rich and only has 4 ingredients. Since you are making the brownie mix from scratch, most of the ingredients are used in both layers of this decadent cheesecake. This means way less work and ingredients you need to make it.
This Brownie Cheesecake is a perfect dessert for any special occasion. It’s beautiful for a Christmas or Easter dessert but also makes a great birthday cake for brownie and cheesecake lovers! You can make Brownie Cheesecake ahead of time and bring it potlucks or summer BBQs. It’s going to be your favorite dessert all year long!
Brownie Cheesecake is a dessert that is so sweet and delicious it doesn’t need any toppings. But you can go all out with this ultimate dessert by adding a dollop of Whipped Cream or a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream. For a simpler topping, just dust with powdered sugar or serve with fresh raspberries.
MORE DELICIOUS CHEESECAKE RECIPES:
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON BROWNIE CHEESECAKE
- Chocolate Cheesecake: Go full chocolate flavor by adding 1 cup of melted chocolate chips to your cheesecake mixture.
- Cookie Cheesecake: Try this cheesecake recipe with Chocolate Chip Cookie dough as the crust and top of the cheesecake. Bake cookie dough crust for only 8-10 minutes so it’s slightly underdone.
- Raspberry Filling: Before adding the top brownie layer, spread raspberry jam (or Strawberry Filling) over the cheesecake layer for a sweet fruity burst.
- Chocolate Chips: Use white chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips in the brownie batter. You can also add chocolate chips to the cheesecake mixture. There’s no such thing as too many chocolate chips!
- Brownie Cheesecake Bars: Prepare this Brownie Cheesecake in a 9×13 pan to make cheesecake bars. Bake with the cheesecake layer at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Salted Caramel Brownie Cheesecake: Drizzle your baked and cooled cheesecake with this easy Salted Caramel Sauce for an extra special treat.
- Mini Brownie Cheesecakes: Divide half the brownie batter evenly in a greased muffin tin. Bake for 5-8 minutes until slightly firm. Top with cheesecake layer and remaining brownie batter. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
MORE DELICIOUS BROWNIE RECIPES:
HOW TO STORE BROWNIE CHEESECAKE
- Serve: Like all cheesecakes, Brownie Cheesecake needs to be refrigerated after no more than 2 hours at room temperature.
- Store: Wrap your cheesecake tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Freeze: A chilled, set Brownie Cheesecake can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight to serve.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 16 ounces cream cheese , room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9" springform pan with baking spray.
- To your stand mixer add the melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- On low speed add in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder then add in the chocolate chips.
- Add half of the brownie batter to the springform pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes then let cool completely.
- In a second bowl whisk together the cream cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Gently spread the cream cheese mixture over the brownie layer then spoon the remaining brownie batter over the cream cheese and swirl with a knife gently.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool completely before refrigerating until completely chilled.
Hi Sabrina – making this for a Sabrina it will be her birthday! I’m already a fantastic cheesecake baker but this birthday woman wants a brownie cheesecake. I always water bath as I have the requisite 3 pans. the pan inside a pan inside a pan deal. I never use foil. you did not water bath? doesn’t matter how cheesecake middle rises as it is covered? Can I use a water bath if I want? will it mess up the baking process of the middle if I do a water bath? thanks
I am so sorry, I am just seeing this tonight. I am sure the recipe has long been cooked/or not but I still want to try to help.
I generally do a water bath but the brownie bottom on this sort of tempers the heat coming up from the bottom of the oven so in testing I found either way it turned out well. Did you make it? what method did you go with and how did it turn out?