Mini Cherry Cheesecakes are easy bite-sized creamy cheesecakes baked in a muffin tin with cherry pie filling on a buttery graham cracker crust.
MINI CHERRY CHEESECAKES
These Mini Cherry Cheesecakes look great for any special occasion and taste even better! They are an easy party dessert that take just minutes to put together and a few hours to set. You can whip them up the morning of your party or potluck and they will be ready to go when you are.
Since these Mini Cherry Cheesecakes are baked, they are much more like creamy New York Cheesecake. And they are just as easy to make as a no-bake cheesecake! A can of cherry pie filling saves time and tastes delicious, it’s one of those simple pantry ingredients you can pick up in most stores.
Once it’s baked into these mini cheesecakes the flavors change. The filling is thickened and more intense. These little portable cheesecake bites taste like a cross between a cheesecake and cherry cream cheese danish!
If you want to make your own homemade pie filling, there is a quick recipe below for cherry pie filling. You can also use fresh or frozen cherries (thawed) on top of your mini cheesecakes. Use a little Whipped Cream on the Mini Cherry Cheesecakes to keep the fresh berries from sliding off.
Mini Cherry Cheesecakes can be made ahead of time. For a party dessert, make them up to a day in advance.
Bite sized desserts are great for parties and potlucks since you know exactly how many servings you have. No need to worry about portion sizes or cutting the cake in the middle of a party, these Mini Cherry Cheesecakes are ready for serving straight from the fridge. If you are freezing them ahead, thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
OTHER TOPPING IDEAS FOR MINI CHEESECAKES:
Homemade Cherry Pie Filling:
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cherries, pitted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Place cherries in a saucepan over medium heat and cover. Heat until cherries, stirring often until they release juices and start to simmer, about 10 minutes. Combine sugar and cornstarch and stir into cherries. Bring to a low simmer and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Let cool and spoon over Mini Cherry Cheesecakes.
VARIATIONS ON MINI CHERRY CHEESECAKES
- Pretzels: For a pretzel crust for Mini Cherry Cheesecakes, combine 1 cup crushed pretzels, 1/8 cup white sugar, and 4 tablespoons melted butter.
- Vanilla Wafers: Make a vanilla wafer crust by mixing 1 cup vanilla wafers crushed and 3 tablespoons butter with a fork until combined.
- Oreo Cookies: You can make Mini Cherry Cheesecakes with Oreo cookie crust two ways. Either use a whole Oreo in the bottom of the muffin tin or crush about 10 Oreos into fine crumbs and mix with 3 tablespoons butter to make an Oreo crust.
- Berries: This Mini Cheesecake recipe can be made with other pie fillings like blueberry, lemon, or this tasty Strawberry Topping. You can also use fresh berries mixed with a little sugar.
- White Chocolate: Cherry and white chocolate go great together! Top your Mini Cherry Cheesecakes with a melted white chocolate drizzle.
- Chocolate Chips: Mix in a 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, or white chocolate chips into your cheesecake mixture.
MORE DELICIOUS CHEESECAKE RECIPES:
HOW TO STORE MINI CHERRY CHEESECAKES
- Serve: You can keep your Mini Cherry Cheesecakes at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
- Store: Refrigerate leftover mini cheesecakes in an airtight container lined with parchment paper for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: Freeze Mini Cherry Cheesecakes without the pie filling in a sealed container for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and spoon on pie filling before serving.
Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
- Yield: 12
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
Mini Cherry Cheesecakes are easy bite-sized creamy cheesecakes baked with cherry pie filling on a buttery graham cracker crust.
- 12 sheets graham crackers
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg , room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups cherry pie filling
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 12 cup muffin tin with baking spray.
Add graham crackers and sugar to food processor until fine crumbs then add in the melted butter and pulse until well combined.
Spoon the crumble into the muffin cups and press down.
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the cream cheese, sugar, egg, lemon juice and vanilla extract until smooth.
Gently spoon over the graham cracker crust until the muffin cups are half full then spoon on 2 tablespoons of cherry pie filling.
Bake until centers are almost set, 20-25 minutes. Cool completely.
Yield: 12 , Amount per serving: 168 calories, Calories: 168g, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 29mg, Sodium: 79mg, Potassium: 44mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 14g, Vitamin A: 235g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 14g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.