Peach Muffins are a soft, buttery recipe that are perfect for a morning pick-me-up. Made with juicy peaches, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
These Peach Muffins are an easy Baked Good recipe perfect for breakfast. Delicious muffins like Cinnamon Streusel Muffins, Cranberry Orange Muffins, or this new recipe are a delicious, sweet breakfast perfect for holidays or weekend mornings.
If you love the taste of a classic Peach Pie or Cobbler, then this is the perfect muffin recipe for you. It takes that same delicious, Southern taste and brings it to the breakfast table. These Peach Muffins are absolutely bursting with sweet, tangy, fresh flavor from the peaches. The vanilla muffin and peaches combine to make a simple, delicate flavor that the whole family is sure to love. They’re the perfect recipe to bake in the springtime, or even enjoy on Easter morning.
While they’re delicious enough to serve for a holiday or special occasion, Peach Muffins are also wonderfully easy to make. After combining the batter, you just bake the muffins until golden brown. The total time for the recipe is just 30 minutes, and they’ll come out moist, buttery, and soft.
MAKE-AHEAD PEACH MUFFINS
If you want to make these muffins ahead of time, they freeze very well. It’s especially great if you make a double batch of the muffins. Then you can serve some the day of and save the rest for up to 6 months.
- Start by flash freezing the Peach Muffins for an hour while still in the muffin tin.
- Once they’re frozen solid, transfer the muffins to a freezer bag. Flash freezing them will ensure they don’t freeze together.
HOMEMADE MUFFIN RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING PEACH MUFFINS
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and then line the muffin tin with paper muffin liners.
- Wet Ingredients: Add the sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract to a large bowl or stand mixer. If it’s in a stand mixer set the mixer to its lowest speed and mix until smooth. It will only take about 30 seconds. Mixing it by hand may take longer, just stir until smooth.
- Dry ingredients: Slowly sift in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to the wet ingredients. Mix them into the wet ingredients. Be careful not to overmix at this step. Keep the mixer on its lowest speed. Finally, fold in the chopped peaches.
- Bake: Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin liners to about 3/4 full. Put in the oven for 20-22 minutes. Stick a toothpick in the center of one of the muffins to make sure they’re done baking. If it comes out without any batter on the toothpick then the muffins are done baking.
VARIATIONS ON PEACH MUFFINS
- Oil: If you’d prefer, you can replace the vegetable oil in this recipe with coconut oil or applesauce. Use the same amount of coconut oil or applesauce as the recipe instructs for the vegetable oil.
- Sweetener: To replace the regular white sugar or brown sugar in this recipe you can use maple syrup or coconut sugar as the sweetener.
- Gluten-free: For dietary needs, you can make Gluten-Free Peach Muffins. Just replace the flour with almond flour, oat flour, buckwheat flour, or arrowroot flour.
- Fruit: Along with the peaches in the recipe you can mix in other fruits like raspberries, cranberries, or blueberries.
MORE PEACH BAKED GOODS
HOW TO STORE PEACH MUFFINS
- Serve: You can keep Peach Muffins at room temperature for 2 days. To keep them soft and moist put them in a ziplock bag or other airtight container and keep them in a dry, cool place.
- Store: Once the muffins have cooled to room temperature, you can put them in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to a week.
- Freeze: Peach Muffins will keep well in the freezer for up to 6 months. Transfer the muffins to a fridge and let them thaw overnight, in the morning you can reheat them or eat them cold.
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Course: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar , packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups peaches , chopped
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- To your stand mixer (or a large bowl with a hand mixer) add the sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
Mix on the lowest speed setting until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and add it to the wet ingredients until just combined on the lowest speed setting.
- Fold in the peaches, then scoop into the muffin liners.
Bake for 20-22 minutes.
Yield: 12 Servings, Amount per serving: 223 calories, Calories: 223g, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 31mg, Sodium: 157mg, Potassium: 77mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 19g, Vitamin A: 108g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 16g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.