Pina Colada Cheesecake Bars are wonderfully creamy with a buttery graham cracker crust and flavors of lime, coconut, and macadamia nuts.
This simple Dessert Recipe is great to serve a crowd. It takes classic Cheesecake Bars and adds tropical flavors making them perfect for a summer party.
Wishing you were on a tropical vacation? Well, we might not be able to help with that, but this tropical dessert recipe can at least make you feel like you’re enjoying an island getaway. With tangy lime flavor, coconut flakes, and macadamia nuts all added to a velvety cheesecake it’s the ultimate rich, and refreshing treat.
All the tropical flavors are baked into a simple dessert that you can have ready for the oven in minutes. Making cheesecake bars is a great way to enjoy the flavor and texture of cheesecake but in a simpler recipe. In bar form, you don’t have to worry about making a water bath, and the large dish makes the cheesecake squares perfect for serving a big group.
Enjoy Pina Colada Cheesecake Bars at your next cookout or party! The sweet and sour flavor and tasty add-ins are sure to make it a favorite with all your guests. Plus, the fruit flavors and chilled cream cheese mixture are a cooling blend that’s perfect for a hot summer day. Slice the cake into squares and serve each one up with a Vanilla Ice Cream topping to complete the dessert. To make it look more colorful and fun, you can also add your favorite tropical fruits as a dessert topping.
MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES
- Prep time: Start the recipe by preheating the oven to 325 degrees and spraying your baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Graham cracker crust: Add the graham crackers to your food processor and pulse until they’re broken into coarse crumbs. Then add the crumbs, sugar, and melted butter to a large bowl. Mix them together, and then press the crumb mixture into the bottom layer of the pan.
- Cheesecake filling: Add the softened cream cheese and granulated sugar to an electric mixer. Cream with a paddle attachment until light and fluffy. Lower the speed and add eggs, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, key lime juice, lime zest, and flour to the cream cheese mixture. Mix until smooth. Then spread the cream cheese filling over the baking sheet.
- Add-ons: Sprinkle coconut flakes and macadamia nuts on top of the classic cream cheese filling.
- Bake: Pop the recipe in the oven and bake for 50 minutes. Once it’s set, take the recipe from the oven and let it chill completely before serving.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
- Toppings: For some extra toppings for this tropical cheesecake recipe, try diced pineapple, mango, maraschino cherries, or different kinds of nuts like almonds, cashews, and pecans.
- Fresh pineapple flavor: For some delicious pineapple flavor in the recipe try mixing fresh pineapple juice into the cream cheese mixture. 2-3 tablespoons pineapple would make a delicious flavor addition.
- Coconut flavor: For some extra coconut flavoring try adding in 1-2 teaspoons coconut extract or a dash of coconut rum for a boozy taste.
- Crust: You can use different kinds of crumbs in the crust ingredients. Vanilla Oreos, or vanilla wafer cookie crumbs work great to replace the graham crackers.
MORE AMAZING BAR RECIPES
HOW TO STORE
- Serve: Don’t leave Cheesecake Squares at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: Cover the dish in aluminum foil or plastic wrap to store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: To freeze the recipe, slice the cheesecake into squares and put them in an airtight container with the layers separated by parchment paper.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs , (24 full crackers)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts , chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking dish with baking spray.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter together then press it into the baking dish in an even layer.
- To your stand mixer add the cream cheese and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Lower the speed to medium and add in the eggs, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, key lime juice, lime zest, and flour until smooth.
- Carefully spread the mixture on the crust.
- Sprinkle coconut and macadamia nuts on top of filling
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until set and firm.
- Chill completely before serving.