Caramel Apple Crumb Cheesecake Bars are the ultimate fall treat with a buttery crust, cream cheese layer, seasoned apples, and oat topping.
Cheesecake Bars are the perfect Dessert Recipe to serve for a party, and this caramel apple version of it is perfect for the holidays! They are easy to transport, slice, and share with a crowd.
CARAMEL APPLE CRUMB CHEESECAKE BARS
Delicious Caramel Apple Crumb Cheesecake Bars are an unbelievable combination of Classic Cheesecake and Caramel Apple Bars. The base is made with a typical graham cracker crust topped off with a creamy cheesecake layer. Then the dish is made more unique by adding layers of cinnamon apples, crumble topping, and finishing it all off with sweet caramel sauce.
The combination of cinnamon-and-sugar spiced apples and caramel make this the perfect autumn-time dessert. Caramel Apples are some of the most iconic autumn foods ever. This Caramel Apple Crumb Cheesecake dish gives you that classic taste in the topping, but with exciting new flavors and textures.
The tangy cream cheese filling gives a silky texture to every bite that completely sets Caramel Apple Crumb Cheesecake Bars apart from any of your other favorite apple recipes. It’s a new spin on two classics that come together for the ultimate apple treat.
MORE APPLE DESSERT RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING CARAMEL APPLE CRUMB CHEESECAKE BARS
- Prep time: Start the recipe by preheating your oven and spraying a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray to make sure nothing sticks to the pan.
- Crust layer: Add the graham crackers to your food processor, and pulse until they are coarse crumbs. Then add in the sugar and melted butter. Use your hands to press the mixture into the base of the pan.
- Cheesecake mixture: Add the cream cheese and sugar to your stand mixer, or a bowl using a handheld mixer. Turn the electric mixer on until the cream cheese mixture is light and fluffy. Lower the speed when you add in the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Scoop the mixture from the bowl and spread it evenly over the crust.
- Apples: Add the apple slices to a medium bowl with ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Toss until the tart apples are coated. Then spoon them over the cream cheese base.
- Crumble topping: Add the flour, quick oats, and butter to a separate bowl. Use a fork or pastry cutter to mix flour into the other ingredients. Once it’s in coarse oat crumbs, sprinkle the oat and flour mixture over the apples.
- Bake time: Pop the dish in the oven for 50-55 minutes until it’s set and firm. The top should be golden brown with syrupy tender apples in the middle.
- Caramel sauce: Add caramels and heavy cream to a microwave-safe bowl and melt at 50% power in 30-second increments until the caramel topping is smooth and creamy. Drizzle it over the bars. Then put it in the fridge to chill before slicing and serving.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You can try different apple varieties to get slightly different flavors of apples. Tart green apples are typical, but Honeycrisp, Gala, Winesap, or Jonagold would all taste great. Apart from juicy apples, you can add other fruits like blueberries, peaches, plums, or raspberries.
Instead of topping the bars off with sliced apples, you could make Apple Pie Filling to pour over the top.
For some extra crunchy texture try adding chopped almonds, pecans, or walnuts to the top of the Caramel Apple Crumb Cheesecake Bars.
MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CARAMEL APPLE CRUMB CHEESECAKE BARS
- Serve: After it’s set, you can keep Apple Cheesecake Bars at room temperature for up to 2 hours before you need to store them in the fridge.
- Store: Cover the dish in heavy-duty aluminum foil to keep leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: You can also wrap the bars in plastic wrap and store them in an airtight container to keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs , (24 full crackers)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese , softened (3 blocks)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Granny Smith Apples , peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream , at room temperature
- 1 cup caramels , unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking dish with baking spray.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter together then press it into the baking dish in an even layer.
- To your stand mixer add the cream cheese and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Lower the speed to medium and add in the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla until smooth.
- Carefully spread the mixture on the crust.
- Mix apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg and spoon over the cheesecake filling.
- Add flour, brown sugar, quick oats, and diced butter to a bowl and mash it together.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until set and firm.
- Add caramels and heavy cream to a microwave-safe bowl and melt on 50% power in 30-second increments until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle over the bars.
- Chill completely before serving.
The recipe has left out the amounts needed to make the caramel drizzle.
Sorry about that!
1/2 cup heavy cream , at room temperature
1 cup caramels, unwrapped