Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken and Vegetables is spicy, sweet and full of your favorite takeout flavors with garlic, hoisin sauce and sriracha without the frying.
Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken and Vegetables is the easier sheet pan healthy version of my favorite restaurant meal.
I’ve been a fan of the Cheesecake Factory for years…well basically since high school when I was allowed to go out with friends. My favorite recipe has always been a big basket of brown bread, Sweet Corn Cakes and Spicy Cashew Chicken.
Recently however, The Cheesecake Factory has added calorie counts to their menus and the calorie count on Spicy Cashew Chicken? OVER 2000 calories. Womp womp.
So I reimagined the Spicy Cashew Chicken and made my own Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken and Vegetables. I cut some of the spice, some of the sugar and all of the deep frying and breading.
Cooking the Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken and Vegetables in one sheet is easy and healthy. Using chicken breast cuts down on so much of the calories and the bold flavors are all still there. I promise you will LOVE this dish. The new, easier version clocks in at 330 calories instead of 2000+ calories.
Want more Chinese Food Recipes?
- Honey Orange Firecracker Shrimp
- Cheesecake Factory Mandarin Cashew Chicken
- PF Chang’s Orange Peel Chicken
- California Pizza Kitchen’s Kung Pao Chicken Spaghetti
- General Tso’s Chicken
- Easy Mongolian Beef
- Panda Express Recipes… every single one in fact: Panda Express Recipes Index
- Many more Chinese food options…
Tools Used in the making of Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken and Vegetables:
Sheet Pan: A classic, inexpensive sheet pan that is high quality and can hold up to high temperatures in the oven.
Hoisin Sauce: This is like Asian BBQ Sauce, a ton of flavor and easy to use.
Sherry Wine: A sweet wine, if you can’t source this or don’t have time to order online you can swap white wine since the sauce already has sugar in it.
Low Sodium Soy Sauce – I find regular soy sauce much too salty, remember you can always add salt but you can’t subtract it. Starting with low sodium allows you to alter to your tastes if necessary.
Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken and Vegetables
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Asian
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 pound chicken breast boneless and skinless
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup cashews
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sherry wine, red wine vinegar, sriracha sauce, sugar and garlic in a small bowl.
- Cut diagonal lines into the chicken to give the sauce more to cling to.
- Toss the broccoli and carrots with the canola oil and 1 tablespoon of the sauce.
- Add the chicken to the sheet pan, then scatter the vegetables around it.
- Add half of the sauce to the top of the chicken.
Cook for 25 minutes.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken and sprinkle on the cashews.
Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Recipe adapted from my Cheesecake Factory Spicy Cashew Chicken
Yield: 4 Servings, Amount per serving: 330 calories, Serving Size: 1 , Calories: 330g, Carbohydrates: 28.3g, Protein: 28.8g, Fat: 11.2g, Saturated Fat: 1.2g, Fiber: 5.8g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.