Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Carrots are an easy (and inexpensive) side dish for your holiday meals! Much lower in calories than sweet potatoes with a similar awesome flavor!
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Carrots utilize one of my favorite low carb hacks, carrots instead of potatoes. Yes we are adding butter and sugar here so this is not a dieters dream, but the fact remains, the carrots will have the same buttery, amazing, tender and creamy flavors of your favorite roasted sweet potatoes.
Also, with just four ingredients you’ll love this side dish. Did I mention the cost? With a 5 pound bag of organic carrots costing $4.00 here I have a side dish that can serve 10-12 people for less than 5$. And it looks beautiful.
I did gussy it up with some of my Slow Cooker Candied Cinnamon Pecans but you don’t have to if you don’t want to. This dish is a winner!
Tips for awesome Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots:
- In a slow cooker you can slice them as thick as you’d like. I kept them small for the kids to enjoy too, but have left them thicker and larger when I wanted to mimic sweet potatoes more.
- You can even cook these on the side of another side dish. Place inside a sheet of foil folded up and you can cook these next to Brussels Sprouts, knocking out two side dishes at once!
- Utilize the “keep warm” function 20 minutes shy of the cook time if you need to keep them warm a while. It’ll help prevent overcooking.
How to Cook Brown Sugar Carrots:
- In the slow cooker: Cook on low for 4 hours.
- In the oven: Toss with all the ingredients in a foil lined pan. Cook at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- On the stovetop: Boil the carrots for 5-7 minutes. Then add to the pan with the same ingredients. Cook until glazed and thickened.
Looking for more side dishes?
- How To Cook Spaghetti Squash (The Ultimate Guide)
- Slow Cooker Mushroom Rice
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- Roasted Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots
Tools Used in this Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Carrots recipe:
Slow Cooker: Love this slow cooker and how programmable it is, it has been a workhorse for me… until…
My New Slow Cooker: This recipe was made in this slow cooker. For larger roasts I also brown the meat in the insert and not lose a bunch of the flavor by transferring the meat and leaving the browned bits behind. If you’re thinking of a new slow cooker, consider it if your budget is open.
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Carrots
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 4 minutes
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 5 pounds carrots peeled and cut into 3/4" coins
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and mix.
Cook on low for 4 hours.
Garnish with additional brown sugar or Slow Cooker Candied Cinnamon Pecans.
Yield: 12 Servings, Amount per serving: 146 calories, Calories: 146g, Carbohydrates: 27g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 230mg, Potassium: 616mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 17g, Vitamin A: 633.8g, Vitamin C: 13.5g, Calcium: 7.1g, Iron: 3.5g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.Save Recipe