Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Carrots are an easy (and inexpensive) side dish for your holiday meals! Much lower in calories than sweet potatoes with a similar awesome flavor!
Also, with just four ingredients you’ll love this side dish. Did I mention the cost? With a 5 pound bag of organic carrots costing $4.00 here I have a side dish that can serve 10-12 people for less than 5$. And it looks beautiful.
I did gussy it up with some of my Slow Cooker Candied Cinnamon Pecans but you don’t have to if you don’t want to. This dish is a winner!
Tips for awesome Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots:
- In a slow cooker you can slice them as thick as you’d like. I kept them small for the kids to enjoy too, but have left them thicker and larger when I wanted to mimic sweet potatoes more.
- You can even cook these on the side of another side dish. Place inside a sheet of foil folded up and you can cook these next to Brussels Sprouts, knocking out two side dishes at once!
- Utilize the “keep warm” function 20 minutes shy of the cook time if you need to keep them warm a while. It’ll help prevent overcooking.
How to Cook Brown Sugar Carrots:
- In the slow cooker: Cook on low for 4 hours.
- In the oven: Toss with all the ingredients in a foil lined pan. Cook at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- On the stovetop: Boil the carrots for 5-7 minutes. Then add to the pan with the same ingredients. Cook until glazed and thickened.
Looking for more side dishes?
- How To Cook Spaghetti Squash (The Ultimate Guide)
- Slow Cooker Mushroom Rice
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- Roasted Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots
Tools Used in this Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Carrots recipe:
Slow Cooker: Love this slow cooker and how programmable it is, it has been a workhorse for me… until…
My New Slow Cooker: This recipe was made in this slow cooker. For larger roasts I also brown the meat in the insert and not lose a bunch of the flavor by transferring the meat and leaving the browned bits behind. If you’re thinking of a new slow cooker, consider it if your budget is open.
- 5 pounds carrots , peeled and cut into 3/4" coins
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and mix.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Garnish with additional brown sugar or Slow Cooker Candied Cinnamon Pecans.