Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham will make your Easter brunch a total breeze with just three ingredients and no oven space to lose! Keep it plugged in and it will stay warm through your entire meal.
NO MORE. This Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham is amazing and so easy it is almost offensive. I love that it warms through in the slow cooker because the ovens are already working overtime with everything else and I can just set the slow cooker and forget about it. Even better, we leave it plugged in through the meal so the ham stays perfectly warm.
I use crushed pineapple in this Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham because I find the chunks to be hard to keep on the ham. They mostly just fall off the side and because it is in the slow cooker people don’t really see them. With the crushed pineapple it makes this amazing crust between the pineapple and the brown sugar. Then you get a better amount of pineapple with each person’s serving.
Some tips for making this Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham:
- I add the brown sugar in layers because the first half will melt in the slow cooker. If you want to baste the ham you can add it all at once, but I find adding the last half at the end makes for a better crust
- If you want to melt the last part of the brown sugar add it 30 minutes before you are ready to serve and cover with the top. The trapped heat will melt it.
- If you want a crispier ham you can finish it in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes before serving.
- Maraschino cherries are of course a fun and welcome addition, I just didn’t want the kids attacking the ham just for the cherries and not eating any of the actual ham!
- Additional flavors you can add would be some cloves you could press into the ham or just ½ teaspoon of ground cloves sprinkled over the ham before adding the pineapple or the brown sugar. This will give you a more classic flavor.
Want more ham recipes? And looking for leftover ideas?:
- Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Ham and White Bean Soup
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna (perfect for holiday Ham!)
- Campfire Sugar Ham with Dijon Roasted Potatoes
Tools Used in the making of this Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham:
Slow Cooker: Love this slow cooker and how programmable it is, it has been a workhorse for me… until…
My New Slow Cooker: This recipe was made in this slow cooker. For larger roasts I also brown the meat in the insert and not lose a bunch of the flavor by transferring the meat and leaving the browned bits behind. If you’re thinking of a new slow cooker, consider it if your budget is open.
Crushed Pineapple: I love this Native Forest Crushed Pineapple because it tastes the most like a fresh pineapple. I also regularly use the Dole variety if not popping by Whole Foods or ordering online.
- 1 spiral sliced ham 8-10 pounds
- 1 can crushed pineapple bits 20 ounces
- 2 cups brown sugar
- Add the ham to the slow cooker, trimming off the bottom as needed to fit it into the slow cooker (I keep the trimmed pieces around it in the slow cooker).
- Add the pineapple bits to your ham then cover with one cup of the brown sugar.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours, then you can keep warm during your party.
- Cover with remaining brown sugar before serving.