Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Candy made with just four ingredients is a perfectly easy holiday recipe that will make gifting even easier!
Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Candy
Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Candy is actually even easier than most slow cooker dishes on the site. Usually I tell you tips and tricks about browning and liquids and keeping things crisp. In this recipe it is as simple as it gets and it takes no time at all!
This recipe is the last one this year brought to you by Peanut Butter and Co. who I’ve basically waxed poetic about to you all since the beginning of this blog.
We love their products (I include jars in every care package I ship to college aged friends!) and when presented with the opportunity to work with them after meeting them in Chicago, I was overjoyed about it. Our first recipe together was for Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake which is both a family favorite and a blog favorite! Over 750,000 people viewed that recipe this year alone!
So why are they so great? Well, it is all natural to start with. Second, the FLAVORS. We’re huge fans of The Bees Knees, White Chocolate Wonderful and the flavor in today’s recipe, Dark Chocolate Dreams. Third, they’re GMO Free and fourth, tons of protein!
Why make chocolate candy in a slow cooker?
Well to be fair, you could warm up the chocolate in another container over a double boiler or in a microwave. But cooking it in the slow cooker allows for an even low heat to warm through all the ingredients and it keeps them warm in the process of scooping them.
If made in a microwave you’d have multiple bowls going, it would be messy to keep stirring and it is very active work. In this recipe you’re dumping the ingredients, mixing and coming back 90 minutes later to scoop.
PLUS, an added bonus of making this delicious Chocolate Peanut Candy in the slow cooker is you can scale to more and more candies with no extra effort. We’ve tripled this recipe in a 7 quart slow cooker with no issues (just 30 minutes more on the cook time). It made 150 chocolate candies!
Looking for delicious and EASY holiday treats you can pass out to your friends? It doesn’t get any easier than crockpot candy. You don’t even have to turn on the oven, you just have to keep scooping and giving it fridge time to set back up. Another non cooking option? Christmas White Chocolate Trash Snack Mix.
Slow Cooker Chocolate Candy Mix-ins:
Using the same base recipe:
- Add in a chocolate covered caramel into the liner before scooping on the candy (this will make significantly more as the caramel will take up space too).
- Top with a mini pretzel and call them chubby hubby chocolates.
- Add in raisins and crumbled granola bars at the last second for a monster cookie crockpot candy.
- Add in diced jellies for a pb&j slow cooker candy.
Using different base recipes:
- Using White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter and swapping the semisweet for all white, you can add in pistachio and dried cranberries for a Christmas fruit and nut treat.
- Using mini marshmallows you fold in after allowing the mixture to cool for 10 minutes first, you can make Fluffernutter slow cooker candies. Use white chocolate instead of the semi sweet and Smooth Operator Peanut Butter.
Looking for more delicious treats from Peanut Butter and Co.?
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Fluffernutter Bars
- Thai Peanut Chicken Wraps
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cereal Bars
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups
- Into a small 3 or 4 quart slow cooker add all the ingredients.
- Mix and cook on low heat for 90 minutes.
- Stir and if not easily combined to a creamy consistency cook on low an additional 30 minutes.
- Line a mini muffin tin with liners.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the candy into the mini muffin liners.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes to harden.