Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Pudding is an easy dessert for any holiday gathering made with pumpkin, butter, sugar and spices. A holiday classic made in a Crockpot!
It’s that time of year when everyone is busy in the kitchen making classic holiday desserts like Pumpkin Pie. Your oven and stovetop space are at a premium so Slow Cooker Recipes like this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie are great alternative to baking. Plus they are perfect for transporting to potlucks and get togethers.
SLOW COOKER PUMPKIN PIE PUDDING
We love pumpkin desserts in our house. There’s nothing better than the smell of pumpkin bread baking in the oven or getting that first slice of pumpkin pie of the season. It just feels like fall.
If you’ve never had pumpkin pie pudding before, you’re in for a real treat. It’s all the yummy flavor of a pumpkin pie but because there’s no pie crust, it has the consistency closer to bread pudding. This might just become your new favorite holiday treat!
This pumpkin pudding recipe uses both canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice, easily found at grocery stores this time of year. You can also make homemade versions of Pumpkin Puree. I like to freeze my Pumpkin Puree into ice cube trays or 1 cup portions to easily use for all of my pumpkin recipes.
To make your own Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend, simply mix ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, and ground allspice together. Depending on sale prices of these items, making your own versions might be easier on your wallet too.
This is one of those holiday dessert recipes that is so easy that you almost won’t believe how good it turns out. It’s so moist and flavorful and almost melts in your mouth, a foolproof pumpkin dessert that may just take the place of making a traditional pie.
MORE DELICIOUS PUMPKIN RECIPES:
HOW TO MAKE CROCKPOT PUMPKIN PIE PUDDING
- Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with vegetable oil spray.
- In a large bowl whisk the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, butter, pumpkin pie spice and bisquick mix until smooth and well combined.
- Pour into the slow cooker, place a clean kitchen towel over the top of it, cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
VARIATIONS ON SLOW COOKER PUMPKIN PIE PUDDING
- Toppings: Sprinkle on gingersnap crumbs, brown sugar, or pecans before adding a dollop of Whipped Cream.
- Serve with: Serve your Pumpkin Pie pudding with a big scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream. You can also drizzle Caramel Sauce for an extra sweet, rich and delicious dessert.
- Gluten-Free: Use a gluten-free biscuit baking mix, such as Bob’s Red Mill.
- Vegan: You only need a few swaps to make this a vegan recipe. Make sure to use a non-dairy evaporated milk such as coconut milk, swap out the eggs for flax eggs, and use vegan butter. Make sure your other ingredients are labeled as “organic” as well.
- Sweet Potatoes: Turn this into Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Pudding by swapping out your pumpkin for sweet potato puree. This swap would taste so delicious topped with toasted pecans and brown sugar.
CLASSIC HOLIDAY MAIN DISH RECIPES
Frequently Asked Questions About Slow Cooker Desserts
- What size crockpot do you use to make your recipes? I typically use a 6-quart Slow Cooker when I’m making my recipes. If I use a different size, I always try to make a note of it.
- Do you cook with the lid on or off in a slow cooker? Lid on (almost) always. If there is a point to cook without the lid, a recipe will say that so always assume it is with a lid.
- How do I keep my dessert from getting soggy in the slow cooker? Use paper towels or a cloth kitchen towel under the lid (but not touching your food) to absorb moisture when making a bread or bread-like dessert in the slow cooker.
- Why didn’t my slow cooker dish cook right? Slow cookers are notorious for varying cooking temps between brands. Some cook hotter and some cook cooler. Get to know your cooker, if it burned on the lowest time, chances are your cooker runs hot and you should adjust cook times accordingly.
- What’s the difference between a crock pot and a Slow Cooker? It’s all in the name, specifically the brand name. Crockpot is the brand name of a slow cooker so they are the same thing.
HOW LONG IS CROCKPOT PUMPKIN PIE PUDDING GOOD?
- Serve: You don’t want to leave this out at room temperature for longer than 2 hours. If you accidentally do, I would toss it and make a new one.
- Store: Make sure to store your Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Pudding in a sealed container in the refrigerator. It should last up to 3-4 days.
- Freeze: I would suggest freezing this in a disposable aluminum container then cover the top in foil (helps to stop freezer burn) and then cover the container in plastic wrap a few times. It should last up to a month.
OTHER HOLIDAY DESSERT RECIPES
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Pudding
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie is an easy dessert for any holiday gathering made with pumpkin, butter, sugar and spices. A holiday classic made in a Crockpot!
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with vegetable oil spray.
In a large bowl whisk the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, butter, pumpkin pie spice and bisquick mix until smooth and well combined.
Pour into the slow cooker, place a clean kitchen towel over the top of it, cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
Yield: 8 Servings, Amount per serving: 233 calories, Calories: 233g, Carbohydrates: 33g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 73mg, Sodium: 189mg, Potassium: 275mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 26g, Vitamin A: 8538g, Vitamin C: 3g, Calcium: 151g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.