Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip is an easy, party perfect appetizer with cream cheese, fresh spinach and artichoke hearts in the crock pot.
This popular Appetizer is made even easier using the slow cooker to cook and serve! Once you’ve tried it, you’ll always want to serve a warm and ready slow cooker dip like Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip or Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Dip at every party.
Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip is an easy and versatile recipe that adults and kids will love. Serve it up with pasta mixed in for the little ones (a totally easy way to get the kids to eat spinach).
The Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip is a popular favorite for a potluck appetizer or as the star of your favorite holiday gathering. It takes just a few minutes to get the ingredients into the slow cooker and two hours later, you have a dip that both kids and adults will be waiting for with lots of crackers to dip.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
Crockpot Spinach Dip and Crackers
When shopping for crackers to use with Spinach Artichoke Dip, you can’t go wrong with classic butter crackers like RITZ. Any sturdy cracker will also work well. Vegetable crackers will complement the veggie flavors in the dip, or peppered water crackers will add a nice bite. Try using tortilla chips or toasted baguette slices for a fun variety, or sliced mini bell peppers to add a bright crunch.
Here are some other recipes using crackers:
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use frozen chopped spinach if you squeeze out as much water as you can. Please defrost before adding to the slow cooker to aid in the water removal and to keep cooking time uniform.
If you don’t have fresh garlic you can sub ½ teaspoon garlic powder, but don’t use garlic salt as it will make the dip far too salty.
Chop your artichoke hearts and the spinach to prevent huge chunks being in the dip.
You can substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream, you can also use lite mayonnaise and cream cheese in place of the full fat variety.
Use a smaller round slow cooker to avoid burning or overcooking.
How to Store Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Serve: This dip can be kept warm in the crock pot for up to 4 hours after it is finished cooking. Don’t leave at room temperature for longer than 2 hours.
- Store: Let Spinach Artichoke Dip cool completely, and store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: Because of the sour cream and mayonnaise in this recipe, it is not recommended to freeze it, because it will separate upon defrosting.
- 10 ounces fresh spinach , chopped
- 1 1/2 cups artichoke hearts , chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped
- 13.7 ounce RITZ Crackers , for serving
- Add all the ingredients to a 3qt. slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Stir well before serving.
Photos used in a previous version of this post.