Slow Cooker Taco Soup is an easy, hearty soup with ground beef, taco seasoning, kidney beans, tomatoes and corn with simple canned veggies in just minutes.
If you love taco soup and are a fan of my other slow cooker recipes like Slow Cooker Beef Stew, Slow Cooker Beef Chili, and Ultimate Slow Cooker Pot Roast, then this is definitely a soup you should make for yourself.
It’s rich and hearty, keeps you feeling full, and will warm you up on a chilly fall night.
SLOW COOKER TACO SOUP
Slow Cooker Taco Soup is a delicious filling meal that’s perfect for feeding a large, hungry family. Are you a fan of my classic Taco Soup recipe? It’s one of the most popular recipes on the site, and if you love that recipe, this recipe is the perfect version to make when you’re running out the door to work and need a quick recipe to come home to on busy weeknights.
If you love any of the soup recipes on my site, you should definitely check out the rest of them. They’re all conveniently collected in the Soup Recipe Archive.
The great thing about slow cooker recipes is that you can set the slow cooker up in the morning, cook the soup on a low temperature until you get home from work, and dig in to your delicious, savory, ready to eat Slow Cooker Taco Soup. The cook time is pretty long, which makes the beef extremely tender and infuses the soup with tons of flavor.
This Slow Cooker Taco Soup is one of my family favorites, and its delicious, Mexican inspired flavor is great for all sorts of occasions. The prep for this slow cooker recipe is extremely simple and you don’t have to spend the whole day getting it set up.
MORE DELICIOUS SOUP RECIPES:
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER TACO SOUP
- In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef browned over medium heat.
- Drain, and set aside.
- Place the ground beef, onion, kidney beans, pinto beans, diced tomatoes, corn, broth and crushed tomatoes, ranch mix and taco seasoning in a slow cooker.
- Mix to blend, and cook on Low setting for 8 hours.
VARIATIONS ON SLOW COOKER TACO SOUP
- Serve With: Serve up Slow Cooker Taco Soup with some avocado, tortilla chips, a dollop of sour cream, or crushed up tortilla chips or corn chips. You can make it more hearty by stirring in cooked rice. You can also sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese over the top to make it even creamier.
- Veggies: Make Slow Cooker Taco Soup even more healthy by adding veggies like okra or bell peppers. Try garnishing with green onions for a crisp layer of flavor.
- Hot: Are you a bit of a hot head? Slow Cooker Taco Soup goes well with some hot peppers, and you can make the soup really hot by adding some chopped jalapeños or habaneros, chili powder, or green chilies.
- Spices: Add some cumin, garlic powder, paprika, or any other spices that you want. Go fully homemade by subbing my Homemade Taco Seasoning and Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix for the store bought packets.
HOW LONG IS SLOW COOKER TACO SOUP GOOD?
- Serve: Don’t leave your Slow Cooker Taco Soup out for longer than about 2 hours before putting it away. If you leave it out too long the soup will start to grow bacteria that can make you sick.
- Store: Always allow the soup to cool to room temperature before you put it in the fridge. In a sealable container, the Slow Cooker Taco Soup can last about 3 days. After that, it’s time to throw it out and make more.
- Freeze: The soup will stay good for 3 to 4 months, as long as you properly seal it. This Slow Cooker Taco Soup recipe keeps really well in the freezer. Fully defrost in fridge before reheating in the microwave. You can store the Slow Cooker Taco Soup in a deep pan and reheat it by heating the pan on the stove top. Warm it over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
MORE EASY SOUP RECIPES:
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
Slow Cooker Taco Soup is an easy, hearty soup with ground beef, taco seasoning, kidney beans, tomatoes and corn made simple in just minutes.
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Add ground beef to a large skillet on medium heat and cook for 5-6 minutes until cooked through then drain and add to your slow cooker.
Add the onion, kidney beans, pinto beans, diced tomatoes, corn, broth and crushed tomatoes, ranch mix and taco seasoning into slow cooker.
Mix to blend, and cook on Low setting for 8 hours.
Yield: 12 Servings, Amount per serving: 211 calories, Calories: 211g, Carbohydrates: 29g, Protein: 15g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 25mg, Sodium: 774mg, Potassium: 711mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 527g, Vitamin C: 13g, Calcium: 69g, Iron: 4g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.