Strawberry Banana Bread is the easiest quick bread recipe made with fresh strawberries and ripe bananas. Golden brown no-mixer quick bread ready in an hour!
STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD
An easy banana bread recipe is the backbone to making so many different baked good no matter what time of year you are baking. You can add pumpkin in the fall, chocolate chips whenever, or in the spring and summer load it up with fresh strawberries!
This tasty Strawberry Banana Bread bakes to a golden brown and is filled with fresh, berry sweetness. Using fresh strawberries makes this delicious bread extra moist. Enjoy this easy Strawberry Banana Bread with coffee for breakfast or a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream for dessert.
Strawberry Banana Bread comes together in just minutes with no need for a stand mixer or beaters. This hand mixed banana bread looks as beautiful as it tastes. The golden brown crust and slightly pink center is moist, tender, and perfectly sweet.
Strawberry season is spring and summer, so you have months to enjoy this delicious Strawberry Banana Bread. Make a double batch of this easy quick bread recipe and freeze some for those cold winter months. Just thaw your bread in the refrigerator overnight and warm in the oven for an easy tasty breakfast.
MORE DELICIOUS QUICK BREAD RECIPES
This Strawberry Banana Bread recipe is best with fresh strawberries. To keep the strawberries from sinking to the bottom of the loaf pan, make sure to chop into smaller pieces and toss in flour. If you use frozen strawberries, thaw them completely and drain so your bread doesn’t have too much moisture.
Use the toothpick method to check to see if your Strawberry Banana Bread is done. Insert a toothpick (or butterknife) into middle of the loaf and if it comes out clean, your bread is done. If your bread is getting too golden brown before it’s done, tent the loaf pan with foil and continue baking.
VARIATIONS ON STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD
- Berries: This banana bread recipe goes great with other fresh berries like blueberries, raspberries, and cherries. Make sure to toss them in flour before adding to the batter.
- Cream Cheese: Cream cheese tastes delicious with Strawberry Banana Bread. Add a cream cheese swirl to the batter or top with Cream Cheese Frosting!
- Sour Cream: Instead of sour cream, you can substitute 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (or a thick non dairy yogurt) with 1/2 teaspoon baking soda added.
- Chocolate Chips: Stir in dark chocolate chips or white chocolate chips to add creamy, chocolatey bursts of flavor.
- Nuts: Give your fruity banana bread crunch by adding in a 1/2 cup of walnuts, pecans, or almonds to your batter when you fold in the strawberries.
- Cooking Oil: You can use 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup applesauce, or 3/8 cup vegetable oil instead of 1/2 cup butter in this recipe.
- Roasted Strawberries: Roasting strawberries makes them extra sweet! Roast fresh strawberries on a baking sheet at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Cool to room temperature before adding to the banana bread batter.
- Muffins: Make Strawberry Banana Bread Muffins. Line a 12 cup muffin tin and pour batter evenly between muffin cups. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
MORE EASY BANANA BREAD RECIPES:
HOW TO STORE STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD
- Serve: Keep Strawberry Banana Bread at room temperature for up to 2 days, wrapped in plastic wrap in a cool dry place.
- Store: Your Strawberry Banana Bread can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Store covered tightly in wrap or in an airtight container.
- Freeze: Wrap a cooled loaf of Strawberry Banana Bread in plastic wrap and store in a freezer safe bag. Freeze up to 3 months.
Strawberry Banana Bread
- Yield: 10 slices
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Course: Bread, Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups flour , plus 1 tablespoon divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup strawberries , chopped
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x5 loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together bananas, oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Whisk in sour cream until creamy and well combined.
- Sift together 1 cup flour, baking soda and salt, whisking it until just combined.
- Toss strawberries in the remaining 1 tablespoon flour.
- Gently fold in the strawberries to the banana bread batter.
Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Yield: 10 slices, Amount per serving: 290 calories, Calories: 290g, Carbohydrates: 41g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 63mg, Sodium: 329mg, Potassium: 155mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 24g, Vitamin A: 418g, Vitamin C: 11g, Calcium: 27g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.