Thai Peanut Chicken Wings are the perfect appetizer! Easy crispy baked wings tossed in a creamy spicy peanut sauce and crushed peanuts.
THAI PEANUT CHICKEN WINGS
These sticky, crispy Thai Peanut Chicken Wings are the perfect appetizer for Super Bowl, holiday parties, or at your next Asian food potluck. Baking your chicken wings gives you all the crispy, crunch you love with hot wings with way less calories and clean up.
Pantry Ingredients Make a Great Sauce!
Thai Peanut Chicken Wings are so easy to make and this simple Thai peanut sauce recipe uses common pantry ingredients. You get all the creamy, sticky peanut sauce flavors without a special trip to the grocery store. This easy peanut sauce can easily be adjusted to add even more Asian flavor.
If you want Thai peanut sauce for extra serving sauce, make a separate fresh batch. As the chicken wings cook most of the sauce cooks down onto the wings and the rest of the sauce is tossed onto the wings.
You can serve Thai Peanut Chicken Wings as an easy summer dinner with a side of Steamed Rice or Thai Cold Noodle Salad. Try grilling them (instructions below) for a backyard party appetizer that will wow your guests and takes about half the time as baked chicken wings.
MORE THAI PEANUT RECIPES:
Grilled Thai Peanut Chicken Wings
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees, or medium heat.
- Brush grill grates with oil.
- Toss wings in salt and black pepper to coat.
- Place in a single layer on the grill pan.
- You want them close so they steam and stay moist.
- Flip wings every 5 minutes, for about 20 minutes, until cooked and crispy.
- Meanwhile, prepare Thai peanut sauce.
- Once wings are cooked, toss wings and sauce in a large bowl and garnish with crushed peanuts.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON THAI PEANUT CHICKEN WINGS
- Thai Chili Wings: If you aren’t a fan of peanuts but want Asian flavor, substitute Thai chili sauce for the peanut butter and mix as usual. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Marinade: Make a tasty, spicy overnight marinade for your chicken wings. Mix coconut milk, minced garlic, fresh ginger, and red pepper flakes in a storage bag. Place drummettes into bag with marinade and refrigerate overnight.
- Spicy: If you want spicy Thai Chicken Wings, use a teaspoon red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper. You can also up the sriracha to a full tablespoon!
- Asian Seasonings: Add more authentic Asian flavorings and seasonings like fish sauce, toasted sesame oil, grated fresh ginger, and rice wine vinegar.
- Garnish: Along with crushed peanuts, you can garnish your Thai Peanut Chicken Wings with diced green onion, cilantro, diced red peppers, or sesame seeds.
MORE TASTY CHICKEN WING RECIPES
HOW TO STORE THAI PEANUT CHICKEN WINGS
- Serve: Keep your Thai Peanut Chicken Wings at room temperature for no more than 2 hours.
- Store: Place your cooled chicken wings in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days. For best results, store sauce and wings separately.
- Freeze: These chicken wings can be frozen in a sealed container for up to 2 months. Reheat from frozen in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until hot and crispy.
- 32 chicken wings
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons sriracha
- Chopped peanuts for garnish , optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl toss the chicken wings with the vegetable oil, salt and pepper then line up on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake until wings are crispy and browned for 40-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add ginger, garlic powder, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, sriracha, and ¼ cup water to blender.
- Blend until smooth, adding more water by tablespoonfuls if needed.
- Remove the cooked wings and add them to a large bowl and toss them with half of the Thai peanut sauce.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, toss with remaining sauce and garnish with chopped peanuts.