Toffee Chip Brownies are the tastiest one bowl fudge brownie recipe with a rich fudgy chocolate brownie base loaded with chocolate chips and toffee bits.
TOFFEE CHIP BROWNIES
English toffee is one of those flavors that just feels so fancy and decadent as soon as it hits your taste buds. Adding some toffee to a classic dessert is one of the easiest ways to elevate it to special occasion worthy. These tasty, fancy brownies are easy enough for a weeknight dessert but fit right in at a holiday party.
The only thing better than toffee is toffee plus more chocolate! These Toffee Chip Brownies don’t just add a full cup of toffee bits, they are made with unsweetened cocoa powder (the best way to get chocolatey brownies) AND chocolate chips. The toffee chips used here are plain toffee, but for the chocolate addict try the toffee chocolate baking chips.
Toffee Chip Brownies are an easy one bowl brownie recipe which means way less time cleaning up and more time enjoying these delicious treats. This Toffee Chip Brownie recipe uses simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand. Toffee chips are sold with the chocolate chips and other baking chips and are fairly inexpensive.
MORE DELICIOUS BROWNIE RECIPES:
Use this Toffee Chip Brownie recipe to replace that box of brownie mix you usually keep on hand. Just double the dry ingredients and divide. Store half the dry ingredients in a sealed container or storage bag for up to 6 months for a homemade brownie mix that is so much better than any grocery store kind!
For a delicious, decadent brownie topping, drizzle your Toffee Chip Brownies with Salted Caramel Sauce once they’ve cooled. You can also top Toffee Chip Brownies with Vanilla Ice Cream or Chocolate Ganache. Serve these brownies lightly dusted with powdered sugar for a simple late afternoon coffee treat.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON TOFFEE CHIP BROWNIES
- Toffee Chip Blondies: To make Toffee Chip Blondies, leave out the cocoa powder, use 1 ½ cups flour, and substitute brown sugar for white sugar. Prepare the ingredients as usual and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Chocolate Chips: This recipe uses semi-sweet chocolate chips but you can use dark chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, or white chocolate chips. For more buttery, toffee taste use caramel baking chips instead of chocolate!
- Nuts: Toasted almonds or pecans would taste so good in these Toffee Chip Brownies. Add a ½ cup of chopped nuts to the brownie batter.
- Espresso: Adding 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder, or a shot of fresh espresso, brings out the chocolate flavor without overpowering with coffee flavor.
- Candy Bars: Use less baking chips and chocolate chips and instead stir in ½ cup rough chopped Heath Bars, Skor Bors, or Butterfingers.
- Pretzels: The saltiness of the pretzels perfectly balances the sweetness of toffee and chocolate. Add a ½ cup of chopped hard pretzels to the batter and sprinkle ¼ cup pretzel bits on top before baking.
EVEN MORE DELICIOUS BROWNIE RECIPES
HOW TO STORE TOFFEE CHIP BROWNIES
- Serve: You can keep Toffee Chip Brownies at room temperature in a sealed container, or covered with foil, for up to 4 days.
- Store: Place cooled brownies in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Use parchment paper to separate layers if you stack brownies.
- Freeze: Store brownies a freezer safe container lined with parchment paper and freeze for up to 6 months.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with baking spray.
- Whisk together melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and ¾ cup of the toffee chips.
- Spread batter evenly into greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of toffee chips over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.