When I say one minute I am not even kidding! One solitary minute in the microwave and you’ve made this amazing, rich chocolate ganache. Totally versatile you can use it to top ice cream, cookies, cakes, tarts or you can use it like a fondue for berries or drizzle it over desserts. You can turn it into a frosting or add it to cold milk and stir for the best chocolate milk you’ve ever had! This chocolate ganache will change chocolate sauce for you FOREVER. You’ll never buy pre-made chocolate sauce again.
It seems silly to even call this a recipe, the ingredients list is as simple as heavy cream and chocolate, the directions include a microwave but it is still far and away the most popular and awe inducing tip I ever gave clients at dinner parties or cookdates.
When I would do dessert cooking classes and they’d ask for tips I would pour some chocolate and heavy cream in a bowl. The looks on their faces as it transformed into the most beautiful glossy, rich ganache is something I should’ve recorded. Usually they wouldn’t believe it was “good” until they tried it, then they would giggle with excitement and say “I have to tell ___ about this!”
So now you know a total chef-y party trick, haha.
Top 10 Ways to use this ganache:
- Top Cake Batter Ice Cream with this for a Chocolate Birthday Cake!
- Dip Strawberries in it for an easy dessert.
- Let cool completely, then whip in a stand mixer for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy for a frosting.
- Whip cream cheese into it for a sandwich cookie or tart filling.
- Add to a tart or cake as is for a fantastic glaze (like in yesterday’s Salted Caramel & Chocolate Oreo Bars)
- Dip fondue dessert favorites in it like graham crackers, marshmallows or pound cake.
- Drizzle it over your favorite baked treats, it is silky smooth when you pour it.
- Pour into a small pan and let cool in the fridge to enjoy like a fudge! You can add toppings too!
- Dip candies or caramels in it and let it harden in the fridge.
- Add milk to it for Chocolate milk or add warmed milk to it for hot chocolate!
Without further ado, lets make the easier, best chocolate ganache (aka Chocolate Sauce) you have EVER had. I mean look at that…
Add 12 ounces of your favorite chocolate to a bowl. Add 12 ounces of heavy cream on top.
Microwave for 1 minute. Now just let it hang out for 5 minutes. Argh I know, I promised you one minute but should this time really count? We’re not even doing anything, just I don’t know, scooping out our ice cream while it all melts?
All done now, whisk together. Boom. Best Chocolate Sauce ever.
I have successfully done this with white chocolate, milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, bittersweet chocolate and even unsweetened chocolate (for a more complicated dessert recipe that involved adding other sweetened ingredients later).
IF you somehow end up with grainy sort of broken sauce (think like an oil based salad dressing) do not add more cream. Add 1 tablespoon of water to it and keep whisking. If still not emulsified try a second tablespoon.
- 12 ounces chocolate (your choice for the type, I normally use bittersweet Guittard discs)
- 12 ounces heavy cream
- flaked sea salt (optional)
- Add 12 ounces of your favorite chocolate to a bowl.
- Add 12 ounces of heavy cream on top.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Now let it hang out for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together.
- I have successfully done this with white chocolate, milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, bittersweet chocolate and even unsweetened chocolate.
- IF you somehow end up with grainy sort of broken sauce (think like an oil based salad dressing) do not add more cream. Add 1 tablespoon of water to it and keep whisking. If still not emulsified try a second tablespoon.