Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf topped and stuffed with cheddar cheese and bacon is the ultimate meatloaf. Makes amazing sandwiches too.
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf is one of the first recipes I made for my now husband when we moved in together. It started out from a friend’s recipe who said she saw Paula Deen make it. My friend swore her version was better. One day we had a dinner party and made both versions. My friend’s was better.
Since then the recipe has become a tradition every time we get together for a dinner party. We joke about the caloric content by doing appetizers of celery sticks and carrot sticks followed by a salad and steamed broccoli on the side of the meatloaf. Dessert is always a bowl of berries with slightly sweetened whipped cream.
It used to be such an odd menu and now I can’t eat this meatloaf without wanting a giant bowl of berries.
This Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf is pretty much the most indulgent meatloaf you’re going to meet. The little devil meatloaf on your shoulder saying, “make me, eat me, I’m full of bacon-y cheesy goodness!” I’m not going to lie that little devil meatloaf is right on.
Looking for more meatloaf recipes?
- Philly Cheesesteak Meatloaf
- Glazed Brown Sugar Meatloaf
- Mini Diner Meatloaf Muffins <— this is a recipe from Cooking Light that we love (my version is coming soon)
Tools used in the making of this Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf:
Cast Iron Skillet: This is my most used pan in my kitchen, heavy, keeps heat well and gives the BEST sear ever.
Loaf Pan: Even cooking, looks beautiful and works well to avoid sticking, this pan is inexpensive and lasts for years.
Chef’s Knife: This knife is one of the three most used tools in my kitchen (tongs and my pig tail flipper are the other two). I love it, I’ve had it for almost 10 years and it is as sharp today as the day I got it. (left column, second from the top). Mind you I love it this much even though I have a ridiculously expense knife set as well.
Worcestershire Sauce: Do not leave this out or sub it for anything else, this is a main flavor component and this brand is my absolute go-to.
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 2 pounds lean ground beef 85/15
- 8 ounces bacon cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces medium cheddar divided
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup divided
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a large loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Shred 3/4 of the cheddar and cut the remaining cheddar into 1/4 inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, add the beef, 3/4 of the bacon, 1/3 of the shredded cheddar, eggs, panko, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, Kosher salt, black pepper, 2 tablespoons ketchup and the mustard into a large bowl and mix until just combined (the less mixing the better).
- Put 1/3 of the meatloaf mixture into the bottom of a loaf pan, make a well through the middle with a spoon or your fingers.
- Add the rest of the shredded cheddar (don’t add the cubes), then cover with the remaining meat mixture.
- Spoon on the remaining ketchup and put the loaf pan onto a baking sheet.
Bake the meatloaf for 60-65 minutes, then let it rest outside the oven for an additional ten minutes.
- Top with the remaining bacon crumbles and the finely diced cheddar cheese and serve.
Yield: 8 Servings, Amount per serving: 504 calories, Calories: 504g, Carbohydrates: 7g, Protein: 38g, Fat: 35g, Saturated Fat: 14g, Cholesterol: 184mg, Sodium: 827mg, Potassium: 555mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 8.7g, Vitamin C: 0.8g, Calcium: 23.6g, Iron: 20.3g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.