Bacon Cranberry Swiss Cheese Dip is a creamy appetizer packed with texture and flavor from cranberries, almonds and bacon bits.
Nothing takes a party to the next level like serving up tasty and addicting Appetizer Recipes for your guests to enjoy. Serve this creamy dip with your favorite crackers alongside other homemade dips, like Queso Dip and Beer Cheese Dip.
BACON CRANBERRY SWISS DIP
This delicious holiday appetizer is sure to steal the show at any Christmas party, family dinner, or potluck. The Swiss cheese and bacon bits give the creamy dip a savory, salty flavor, and the ½ cup almonds and cranberries add some varying texture that adds a lot of interest. Meanwhile the onion cream cheese, ground mustard, and mayonnaise make the rich, creamy base that brings it all together for the ultimate treat.
If you’re hosting a get-together, put out the Swiss Dip in a spread with other crowd-pleasing finger foods. Bacon Brown Sugar Smokies, Pigs in a Blanket, and Cinnamon Pretzel Bites are always favorites!
If you have a lot of family or friends that you are serving Bacon Cranberry Swiss Dip, you may want to whip up a double batch. It’s easy to throw together and if you put the delicious holiday appetizer out with a variety of dippers, it’s sure to go quickly. Plus, if you have leftovers, you can just put it in an airtight container to store in the fridge. This dip is fun to enjoy as a quick lunch or snack throughout the week.
MORE DELICIOUS DIPS
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BACON CRANBERRY SWISS DIP
There are lots of different dippers you can try that make a tasty combination with this rich, cheesy dip. We always love trying out different crackers, breads, or fruit slices to see what pairings go best. Here are some favorites so far:
- Bread: As far as bread goes a simple French Bread Baguette tastes great, especially if you toast the slices of French bread so they’re crisp. Some other options are mini naan bread, Garlic Bread, or Simple Dinner Rolls.
- Crackers: Ritz crackers, Club crackers, wheat thins, pretzels or Pita Chips are all great options.
- Fruit: If you want a sweeter dipper try using sliced fruit like apples, oranges, or pears.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
For some extra crunch, mix in other nuts like walnuts, cashews, or pecans. You can also stir in some more fruit like dried cherries, dates, and currants. To add some extra savory flavor stir in a garlic-pepper blend. Just 1-2 teaspoon garlic pepper should add plenty of extra flavor.
If you don’t want to use regular pork bacon bits in the Bacon Cranberry Swiss Dip, you can use turkey bacon or vegan bacon instead.
Along with the Swiss cheese in the recipe, you can add a variety of other shredded cheeses. Provolone, pepper jack, cheddar, mozzarella, or Colby jack could all make flavorful and tasty additions.
For some variation in the cream cheese blend try using spreadable chive and onion cream cheese, honey cream cheese, or garden vegetable cream cheese instead of plain.
MORE HOLIDAY PARTY APPETIZERS
HOW TO STORE BACON CRANBERRY SWISS DIP
- Serve: Due to the dairy in the recipe, you shouldn’t leave it out at room temperature for more than a couple of hours.
- Store: Sealed in an airtight container or covered tightly, you can store Bacon Cranberry Swiss Cheese Dip in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Freeze: Though you’ll get the best taste enjoying it fresh, you can freeze Bacon Cranberry Swiss Cheese Dip for up to 1 month. Make sure to seal it so that no moisture gets in. Let the dip thaw in the fridge and stir the ingredients together. Then reheat in the oven before serving.
- 6 slices bacon , chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion , chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds , divided
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries , chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add bacon to a skillet on medium heat and cook until chewy and crispy but pink and cooked through.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease and add in onions, cooking on medium heat for 5-6 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- In a large bowl add the mayonnaise, cream cheese, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk well until smooth.
- Add in the cheese, cooked onions, ¾ of the bacon, ¼ cup almonds, and cranberries and stir well.
- Pour into a baking dish and spread evenly, top with remaining almonds.
- Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining bacon and cook 1 minute.