Bacon Meatballs made with ground beef and cooked bacon are an easy dinner, appetizer, or party food that your family and friends will love!
Meatballs are a great choice to add to any party spread. They’re crispy on the outside with a moist and fluffy center. So whether you’re enjoying this recipe or the classic Cocktail Meatballs, you’re covered for all of your Appetizer Recipe needs.
If you’ve followed this site for any amount of time, you already know bacon is a common theme. But, who doesn’t love bacon? It’s only appropriate to want to add bacon to the already beloved easy homemade meatballs.
These bacon meatballs are packed with incredible flavor yet are so simple to make. They’re great for prepping ahead so you can serve them at parties and not spend the entire time in the kitchen! But don’t save them just for parties. You can use these meatballs in pasta or for hoagie sandwiches for a delicious weeknight meal.
You may think that meat stuffed with meat is too much but I’m telling you, it works. The crispy texture from the bacon gives the fluffy meatball a new smoky dynamic that’s irresistible. They’d be perfect simmered in a sauce or even paired with a dipping sauce.
MORE DELICIOUS PARTY APPETIZERS
HOW TO MAKE BACON MEATBALLS
- Keep Meat Cold: Keep the meat mixture cold and handle as little as possible.
- Bacon: Chop the bacon very finely so as to add flavor without changing the feel of the meatball. Larger chunks will significantly change the texture.
- Oven Only: To avoid burning the bacon on the outside, make sure to cook these meatballs in the oven only.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON BACON MEATBALLS
Meatballs are easy to customize and play with to create different variations.
- Meat: Swap out the ground beef for ground chicken in this recipe. If you want to use ground turkey, add a tablespoon of olive oil to the mixture since it’s a leaner meat.
- Cheese: Everything’s better with cheese so stuff your meatballs with mozzarella, cheddar, goat cheese or any other cheese you prefer.
- Seasonings: Add chili powder, oregano, cumin and red pepper flakes for a Mexican seasoning or dill and basil for an easy Greek seasoning.
Air Fryer Bacon Meatballs
This recipe can easily be made using an air fryer. Follow the recipe but instead of placing them into the oven, simply place them into an air fryer sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer so you may need to cook them in batches.
MORE GAME DAY APPETIZERS
HOW TO SERVE AND STORE
- Serve: Make sure not to leave bacon meatballs out at room temperature for longer than 4 hours.
- Store: Store leftover meatballs in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Freeze: Flash freeze the meatballs on a baking sheet and then transfer them to a freezer safe storage bag. They should last up to 3-4 months if stored properly.
HOW TO KNOW IF MEATBALLS ARE DONE
The internal temperature of cooked meatballs should reach 165 degrees, according to the USDA Food Safety Website.
- 3 slices bread , stale is best
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup yellow onion , minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , (4 tablespoons if cooking immediately)
- 2 pounds ground beef , (80/20)
- 3/4 cup bacon , cooked and finely chopped (approximately 8 slices)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In the bowl of your stand mixer add the milk to the slices of bread.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the minced yellow onions.
- Cook them on medium low until translucent but not browned.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In your bowl with the milk soaked bread add the rest of the meatball ingredients including the cooked onions.
- Mix it on low until the bread is broken apart and the meat is combined with the ingredients (using the stand mixer and not your hands helps keep the mixture cold and tender).
- Using a meatballer/ice cream scoop or your hands scoop them into balls about the size of a ping pong ball.
- Freeze on a cookie sheet if possible.
- If cooking immediately, add to a baking dish and cook at 375 degrees for 20-22 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan and serve with your favorite sauce.