Baked Avocado Fries are the perfect snack with a crunchy panko breadcrumb coating baked over avocado slices. Amazingly tasty and ready in 30 minutes!
When it comes to a delicious Side Dish or Appetizer it’s hard to beat amazing salty fries. Whether that’s Garlic Fries, Sweet Potato Fries, or these new delicious Avocado Fries they’re sure to be a hit with everyone who tries them and go with practically any main dish.
BAKED AVOCADO FRIES
If you love avocados, then Crispy Baked Avocado Fries are the next savory and versatile snack that you absolutely have to try! You can serve them up at any event, and all you need to make them are ripe avocados, eggs, salt, pepper, flour, and bread crumbs.
Plus as far as cook times go, this avocado fries recipe is done in minutes. Just slice up a ripe avocado, coat it in crispy panko breadcrumbs, and pop them in the oven. It couldn’t be easier, and we’ve also included how to make Crispy Avocado Fries in an air fryer so you can use whichever cooking method you prefer.
Crispy Baked Avocado Fries make the perfect appetizer to go along with any dish you’d typically serve fries with. Enjoy them on the side of a Homemade Hamburger or Sloppy Joes. The great thing about avocado recipes like this one is that they make a pretty healthy appetizer. You still get the satisfying, salty taste that you’d get with French Fries, but in this healthy recipe, you get all the vitamins and healthy fatty acids from the avocado. Along with that, Homemade Avocado Fries are cooked in the oven which is a lot better for you than actually frying them.
These fries are served with our super popular Spicy Mayo Dipping Sauce, it takes only five minutes to make!
This Avocado Fries recipe will taste amazing with any of your favorite dipping sauce. Try dipping sauces like sriracha, Buffalo Sauce, or chipotle dipping sauce, or ranch sauce. You can also drizzle more lime juice across the fries when you’re ready to serve them to give them a little extra tang.
MORE RECIPES FOR FRIES
- Prep time: For the first step, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. For easy cleanup, you can line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Then slice avocado into ½ inch wedges. Then squeeze fresh lime juice over the avocado slices.
- Panko crust: Add the eggs, salt, and pepper to a small bowl, and whisk the ingredients together. Then add the flour to a shallow dish and the panko breadcrumbs to another shallow dish. Coat avocado slices in flour, then in the egg mixture so that crumb coating sticks to them. Let excess drip, before finishing the coating off with the panko mixture.
- Baking time: Place the avocado slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Spray over the top with vegetable oil cooking spray, then put it in the oven to bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS OF BAKED AVOCADO FRIES
- Spices: If you want some extra flavor for your fries, or want to switch up the taste to match your entrée, sprinkle some garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, or nutmeg.
- Spicy Avocado Fries: To add some heat to the fries mix a hint of cayenne pepper or some red pepper flakes in with the panko breadcrumb mixture.
- Avocado tacos recipe: To make this the perfect side to go with a taco dinner, mix Taco Seasoning into the bread crumbs.
AIR FRYER AVOCADO FRIES
- To make air fryer avocado fries, start by cutting the avocado into slices and coating them in the panko breadcrumbs, just like you do in the normal recipe.
- Spray your air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Then place avocado slices in a single layer over the base of the air fryer. You may have to cook them in batches to keep them in a single layer.
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 3 minutes, then flip the slices and cook for another 3 minutes.
- When they’re crispy and golden brown, remove the fries and add any remaining slices to the air fryer.
WHAT TO SERVE AVOCADO FRIES WITH
HOW TO STORE
- Serve: You shouldn’t leave your Baked Avocado Fries out at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: Put your leftover fries into a sealable airtight container and put them in the fridge. They’ll last for up to 4 days before they go bad. Put them in the oven for a few minutes to reheat so that they have a chance to crisp up again before enjoying.
- Freeze: Unfortunately, the crispy bread coating and avocados won’t hold up being frozen and defrosted. So, it’s better just to toss them and make a fresh batch.
- 2 large avocados , sliced 1/2” thick wedges
- 1 lime
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- vegetable oil spray
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Squeeze lime over avocado slices.
- Whisk together eggs, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Dredge the avocado in flour then in egg then in panko.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Spray with vegetable oil spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Flip the fries, spray with vegetable oil spray and bake for an additional 5 minutes.