Blueberry Vanilla Goat Cheese Pastry Bites with just five ingredients are the easiest appetizers you’ll serve your guests. Prep ahead of time for parties.
Blueberry Vanilla Goat Cheese Pastry Bites
Blueberry Vanilla Goat Cheese Pastry Bites are the last of my favorite pastry bites I’m sharing with you all (at least for now!).
It may be too late to make them for Christmas or New Years Eve, but they are PERFECT for Valentine’s Day. So for all you romantics, maybe this can be an early start to planning for your favorite romantic holiday of the year.
Much like the other two Pastry bites, Cranberry Goat Cheese Pastry Bites and Caramelized Onion Feta Pastry Bites (Copycat) these puff pastry bites are as easy and delicious. Yes, they’re also only five ingredients too!
Like the cranberry bites, these are super easy and ready in just minutes.
With the addition of the vanilla extract and blueberry jam it tastes like a mini danish bite! Feel free to swap out your favorite jam flavors. In fact if you have multiple flavors you can use a few different varieties. Then when serving you’ll have a fun assortment.
More puff pastry bite flavor options:
- With the current recipe add in some lemon zest as well.
- Lemon curd or lime curd with some extra zest added after baking.
- Raspberry instead of Cranberry with a bit of lemon zest
- Strawberry with orange zest (orange would also pair great with today’s cranberry jelly)
- Roasted pumpkin chunks with goat cheese and thyme
Some easy tips for these pastry bites:
- I prefer to let puff pastry thaw in the fridge but if you’re in a hurry open it up on the cutting board and put a very lightly damp towel over it so it doesn’t dry out.
- Spray your mini muffin tins before adding the pastry.
- Blueberry jam is a little runnier than other jams, err on the side of caution or it can run onto the pan and burn.
- Get the lightest brown you can on the tops because the bottoms will be more browned.
- If you didn’t add enough jam before baking add some more after they’re out of the oven.
Don’t be fooled these puff pastry bites can be an appetizer, a dessert or even a brunch item. They pair well with mimosas or wine, so basically I’ve got you covered from morning until night with one recipe!
Want to freeze these Blueberry Vanilla Goat Cheese Pastry Bites?
Follow the directions up to right before you would put it into the oven. Freeze the bites for 2-3 hours then store in a ziploc bag. When ready to cook, put them into the muffin tins and bake for 20-22 minutes. Do not bake them without the mini muffin tins, the puff pastry will flatten into pancakes making a mess.
Want to make this into a slab? Keep the puff pastry in three large triangles. Score a rectangle shape a half inch from the border and fill with the goat cheese mixture and top with the blueberry jam. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Directions can be found here.
Looking for more appetizer recipes?
- Bacon Blue Cheese Caramelized Onion Tart
- Bacon Brown Sugar Chicken Bites
- Bacon Brown Sugar Smokies
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
Tools used in the making of these Blueberry Vanilla Goat Cheese Pastry Bites:
Mini Muffin Tin: Make sure you’re using the right size, these are perfect for a one bite appetizer.
Vanilla Extract: Great flavor, one of the few brands that the price hasn’t skyrocketed.
Blueberry Vanilla Goat Cheese Pastry Bites
- Yield: 30 Servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Course: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 1/2 box Puff Pastry
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup whole blueberry jam
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a bowl whisk together the goat cheese, vanilla extract and egg.
Unfold the puff pastry rectangles and cut each three piece sheet into 30 squares.
Spray the mini muffin tin with cooking spray and put the puff pastry squares into each well.
Spoon in a scant tablespoon of cheese mixture into each well, then cover with about a half tablespoon of blueberry jam.
Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Yield: 30 Servings, Amount per serving: 60 calories, Calories: 60g, Carbohydrates: 5g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 8mg, Sodium: 41mg, Potassium: 10mg, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 1.7g, Vitamin C: 0.6g, Calcium: 1.3g, Iron: 1.7g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.