Parmesan Puffs are the perfect light and airy party appetizer with savory parmesan cheese and paprika in the easy pastry balls.
Cheesy rolls like this recipe make great Appetizers to serve at a party or put out before a meal. We’ve already posted a recipe for Cheese Puffs that uses cheddar cheese. This version changes things up a little by using savory parmesan cheese instead.
These Parmesan Cheese Puffs are easy to make with simple puff pastry, eggs, parmesan, and a bit of paprika. Just brush the egg and cheese mixture over the pastry. Then it all puffs up and bakes together in the oven for a perfectly cheesy, warm appetizer that’s sure to become a new favorite.
It’s a nice last-minute appetizer that you can throw together in just a few minutes for easy finger foods at your next party. The buttery, cheesy bread is wonderfully flavorful, light, and airy. Each bite is pure cheesy heaven!
If you’re serving Parmesan Puffs at a party, try putting them out with your favorite dips. You can place the puffs on a tray with a few bowls of dip for your guests to choose from. Lean into the cheesy flavor with some Nacho Cheese Sauce or Queso Dip. The parmesan easily lends itself to an Italian flavor, so you could also try tomato-based sauces like Marinara Sauce or Cocktail Sauce.
If you want to play up the butter flavor in the pastry, you can brush some melted butter over the Parmesan Puffs right before serving. Then add any extra cheese or seasonings like salt, fresh parsley, or oregano to finish them off beautifully.
MORE DELICIOUS APPETIZER RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING PARMESAN PUFFS
- Prep time: Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and raise the oven heat to 400 degrees.
- Cheese mixture: Whisk the eggs, paprika, and half of the parmesan cheese together in a medium bowl. Continue whisking until it’s all one smooth mixture.
- Puff pastry: Roll out the puff pastry sheets, and cut them into 1 inch squares. Then brush each square with the egg parmesan mixture. Place the squares on the prepared baking sheet about ½ inch apart. Then sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese over the top.
- Baking time: Pop the baking sheets in the oven, and bake for 10 minutes. In the 400 degree oven, the pastry sheet will puff up into rolls, and turn a beautiful golden brown color as they cook.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
For savory garlic parmesan puffs, add a little bit of garlic powder or minced garlic cloves to the egg and parmesan mixture. Then brush the cheese and garlic mixture over the pastry as usual.
Another great addition is using an easy Italian herb blend. You can buy Italian seasoning from the store or make your own with fresh herbs.
You could also add some heat to the Parmesan Puffs with a hint of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
Try experimenting with different kinds of cheeses in the cheese mixture. Try adding cheddar, provolone, asiago, or pepper jack. You could also use creamier cheeses like goat cheese, brie, or blue cheese.
MORE CHEESY APPETIZERS
HOW TO STORE PARMESAN PUFFS
- Serve: To keep your Parmesan Puffs fresh, don’t leave them out at room temperature for more than a couple of hours at a time.
- Store: Once the puffs have cooled down, you can put them in a Ziploc bag or an airtight container to store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freeze: As long as they’re kept carefully sealed, Parmesan Puffs can stay good in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let them thaw in the fridge and then reheat them in the oven for a few minutes before serving.
- 4 sheets puff pastry
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together eggs, paprika, and half the parmesan cheese.
- Cut the puff pastry in 1 inch squares.
- Brush with egg parmesan mixture.
- Place each square ½ inch apart.
- Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.