Cheddar Bacon Potato Wedges are fried with cheddar cheese and lots of bacon. It’s the ultimate crispy appetizer for game day.
CHEDDAR BACON POTATO WEDGES
These Cheddar Bacon Potato Wedges are crisp and so full of flavor you may want to make a double batch if you’ve got a good sized crowd to feed!
It’s getting close to the big game, which means it’s time to start thinking about game day appetizers. Cheddar Bacon Potato Wedges are a classic treat, and can be easily customized to suit everyone’s tastes, even your pickiest guest.
They turn out deliciously golden brown and are loaded with crispy bacon bits, melty cheddar cheese, and finely chopped green onions. They’ve got an addicting combo of tender insides and crispy outsides. The perfect party snack – easy to share and easy to clean up.
Bacon Cheddar Potato Wedges can be dressed up if you’re going for something a little fancier, but the great thing about them is that you don’t have to break out the fine china. They’re fairly self-contained so your friends can set a wedge on a paper towel and enjoy. Cheddar Bacon Potato Wedges are great for game day, New Years, or even summer BBQs.
MORE GAME DAY RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE CHEDDAR BACON POTATO WEDGES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CHEDDAR BACON POTATO WEDGES
- Toppings: You can top your Cheddar Bacon Potato Wedges with traditional baked potato toppings like sour cream and chives to make your appetizer more like a mini side dish.
- Spices: Try dusting the top of the potato wedges with garlic powder, black pepper, a little paprika, red pepper flakes, or cajun seasoning depending on the occasion.
- Cheese: You aren’t limited to sharp cheddar cheese, try some mozzarella, pecorino, aged Irish cheddar, or parmesan cheese. It’s also delicious to crumble multiple kinds of cheese over the top together to get a more complex flavor.
CHEDDAR BACON POTATO WEDGES FAQS
- How do you cut potato wedges? Cut a potato in half lengthwise, then again until the spud is in 4ths.
- What do you serve with potato wedges? We like to serve our potato wedges with Ranch Dressing. If you are throwing a party, make a couple different ranch dipping sauces like Chipotle Ranch, Cilantro Ranch, and BBQ Ranch. All will go perfectly with the wedges and are a fun way to play with flavors.
- What are Jo Jo’s? Jo Jo’s are the name for fried potato wedges and dates back to the 1960s. Back in the day, potato skins and scraps were treated like junk and thrown out. Then one day, an unknown hero/restaurant owner decided to fry them up and sell them, thus the Jo Jo, or the Potato Wedge, was born.
MORE TASTY APPETIZER RECIPES
HOW LONG ARE CHEDDAR BACON POTATO WEDGES GOOD?
- Serve: Don’t leave Cheddar Bacon Potato Wedges out at room temperature for longer than 2 hours.
- Store: You can keep your Cheddar Bacon Potato Wedges in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freeze: You can freeze them for up to 1 month, however I recommend eating them fresh. You can freeze the ingredients separately if you want to prepare this dish ahead of time.
- 3 large baking potatoes
- vegetable oil , for frying
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes in half, then into 1/3rds (total 18 pieces). Slice the top half of the triangle of the wedge off leaving a flat top wedge.
- Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a large pot to 350 degrees and add the potatoes to the heated oil, cooking until the potatoes are browned.
- Put the fried potato wedges on a baking sheet, season with salt and pepper.
- Top the potatoes with shredded cheddar cheese and top with bacon crumbles.
- Bake for 15 minutes until cheese is melted then top with bacon crumbles and bake for an additional 5 minutes.