Cheesy Beef Rotel Dip is spicy, creamy, and the EASIEST dip you can make with only 5 ingredients in under 15 minutes!
CHEESY BEEF ROTEL DIP
Cheesy Beef Rotel Dip is spicy, cheesy, creamy, and everything you could ever want in a party or game day dip. It’s also incredibly easy to make, all you need to do is brown the beef with seasoning, then melt everything together. It doesn’t get more simple then that!
Sometimes I’ll make this dip recipe with ground sausage or ground turkey instead of ground beef. I’ve also kicked up the spice with a dash of cayenne pepper, and topped with chopped cilantro for garnish. You can also serve this topped with some slices of jalapeno.
HOW TO KEEP ROTEL DIP FROM GETTING HARD?
Rotel Dip will start to get harder as it cools down. You can avoid this by serving it hot as soon as you can. I like to serve this in a small slow cooker on low or warm setting, to keep it warm the entire time.
HOW TO MAKE ROTEL DIP IN THE SLOW COOKER
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and drain off the fat.
- Add beef, seasoning, Velveeta, and Rotel to the slow cooker.
- Turn on low for 2-3 hours, or until Velveeta is totally melted. Keep on warm setting while serving.
WHAT IS IN A CAN OF ROTEL?
Rotel is a brand of canned tomatoes with diced green chiles. You can get Rotel in spicy and mild, depending on how hot you like your dip, either would work in this recipe.
MORE DIP RECIPES
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Creamy Cheesy Crab Dip
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Queso Dip
- Ultimate Spinach Artichoke Dip
Create a free account to Save Recipes
WHY IS MY ROTEL DIP SO THICK?
This dip can turn out too thick for a few reasons. First, make sure you used the right ratio of ingredients. Too much Velveeta or beef can change the consistency.
Also be sure to drain to tomatoes. If your dip is still too think, add a few tablespoons of cream to the recipe while it’s cooking.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH ROTEL DIP
- Tortilla Chips
- Cut up vegetables
- Pieces of bread
TIPS FOR MAKING ROTEL DIP
- Substitute the Velveeta with equal parts cream cheese and shredded cheddar. I recommend buying a block of cheddar and shredding it yourself. This way there’s no added ingredients that might keep the cheddar from melting properly.
- Add a packet of taco seasoning for a Tex-Mex flavor.
- Make this spicier with a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
- If you want a golden brown top to your dip, transfer the pot to the oven and broil for 2-3 minuted right before serving. Only do this if you have an oven safe pot.
- You can also just buy a can of diced tomatoes and a can of diced green chiles if you’d prefer. You can also substitute Slow Cooker Nacho Cheese Sauce for the Velveeta cheese in this recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef 85/15
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese cubed
- 10 ounces Ro-tel Tomatoes
- Add the ground beef, salt and pepper to a large pot and brown well before draining the fat.
- Add the Ro-tel, stir and cook for 30 seconds before adding in the cheese and stirring until melted.