Chicken Bacon Ranch Sloppy Joes made with a creamy mozzarella ranch sauce, bacon and melted cheddar cheese in just 30 minutes.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sloppy Joes
Welcome back to our favorite day of the week! The new Sloppy Joes recipe of the week! This version is a classic crazy popular flavor, chicken bacon ranch!
This is our third week in the series and so far we’ve had one beef recipe, one sausage recipe and today we’re making a chicken sloppy joe recipe.
One of my favorite things about sloppy joes are how easy they are to make. One dirty skillet and dinner it ready. You can add in as much or as little filling as you’d like.
In case you’re looking to make your own ranch seasoning, I have you covered.
PLUS leftovers are delicious. And did I mention kids love this recipe?
Classic sloppy joes are made with beef but since we started experimenting with more flavors of sloppy joes we’ve found the kids are more willing to try fun and unique flavors since they’re in sloppy joe form.
Like this recipe? Then Like us on Facebook!
WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH SLOPPY JOES?
MEAL PREP INSTRUCTIONS
If you’re looking to meal prep the recipe cook the sauce mixture for 3-4 minutes less. The chicken mixture will be looser but it isn’t a problem.
Store in a separate container and add chopped cheese and bacon to the top of the chicken. Microwave on half power for 2-3 minutes before adding to the toasted bun.
See how to chop the cheese in the image below. This is also how we add it when serving fresh.
When you stir the chicken just before serving only allow the cheese to cook for 10-20 seconds before scooping or the cheese will fully melt. This sandwich is even more delicious when you have the little pockets of cheddar cheese.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
BEST BREAD FOR SLOPPY JOES
- We prefer brioche for the buttery texture, chewy center and tender crust even when toasted.
- Regular hamburger buns are fine but will get soggy even when toasted if you don’t add a fat to create a crispier barrier.
- We tend to avoid sliced bread because it gets soggy so quickly and isn’t able to provide a good texture to the sandwich.
- If you want to use sliced bread make a grilled cheese using this method: Philly Cheese Steak Grilled Cheese
- You can easily turn this into a sub sandwich, use your favorite hoagie roll, brushed with butter and toasted first.
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 ranch packet
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk (2% is okay too)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup chopped cheddar cheese
- Heat a large cast iron skillet on medium high heat.
- Cook the bacon until crisp then remove the bacon to cool and drain all but two tablespoons of fat.
- Add the chicken and onion and cook for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Whisk the ranch packet, milk and cornstarch together and add it to the pan, cooking until slightly thickened and bubbling (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in the shredded mozzarella and stir to combine, chop the bacon and sprinkle it and the cheddar cheese on the mixture just before serving.