Chicken Seasoning Blend is made from rosemary, paprika, cumin, basil, rosemary, garlic powder, and more.
The next time you feel like making Crispy Butter Chicken, Simple Roast Chicken, or Easy Grilled Chicken, you should quickly make your own Chicken Seasoning Blend before you start. It’s an incredibly easy seasoning recipe to make and it gives any chicken recipe a great flavor.
If you want a savory spice blend that works really well with pretty much any chicken dish, from marinades to grilling to BBQ, then Chicken Seasoning Blend is what you need to try. You can make it from ingredients that you probably already have hanging out in your house.
The great thing about homemade seasonings is that you have more control over what goes in them. If you want more of one thing and less of another, you can customize your blend really easily according to your personal tastes.
To use Chicken Seasoning Blend like a dry rub or marinade, take your chicken breast or chicken thighs and put them into a sealable bag. Pour the spice blend into the bag as well, then shake it to make sure that the chicken is thoroughly coated. Then take the chicken out and put it into a small bowl, cover it and put it in the fridge, or just put the whole bag in to chill for at least 4 hours. You can leave the chicken in the marinade for up to about 24 hours, but make sure not to use it before 4 hours. Take it out and cook it up. The meat should now be tender and infused with flavor.
To marinate a whole chicken place to chicken onto a pan and, using a clean hand, rub the Chicken Seasoning Blend onto it. Make sure to thoroughly coat it and then cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Let it sit for at least 4 hours as well. Also, make sure to always thoroughly wash your hands with soap and hot water after handling raw chicken flesh so that you don’t get sick.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN SEASONING BLEND
- Mix the salt, basil, rosemary, garlic powder, mustard, paprika, black pepper, thyme, celery seed, parsley, cumin, cayenne pepper, and chicken bouillon together in a small bowl until blended.
- Store in an airtight container.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
- Oregano: Add a dash of oregano to give your chicken recipe an earthier flavor that has more of an old-world taste.
- Olive Oil: If you mix the Chicken Seasoning Blend with a little olive oil, you can use it to baste chicken breasts in a wet rub. It’s just as delicious and helps to keep the meat moist.
- Coriander: Coriander has a naturally tart, almost lemon-like flavor that is delicious mixed into this Chicken Seasoning Blend. Since coriander is actually part of the same plant as cilantro, some people may perceive it as tasting soapy due to a specific gene they carry, so if you don’t like cilantro you may want to stay away from coriander.
- Chili Powder: For a little bit more of a kick, stir in some chili powder. The chili powder has a naturally sweet taste with a mildly spicy kick that will add a little bit of excitement to your chicken.
HOW TO STORE
- Store: Keep your Chicken Seasoning Blend in a cool, dry place like a cupboard or pantry inside an airtight container. You can put your spices in the fridge, but it won’t prolong the spice blend’s lifespan for more than about 3 months and the natural moisture inside can make the seasoning soggy.
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary , minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cube chicken bouillon , crushed
- Mix the salt, basil, oregano, rosemary, paprika, black pepper, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard, thyme, celery seed, cayenne pepper, and chicken bouillon together in a small bowl until blended.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Season chicken liberally on both sides with chicken seasoning blend.
- Allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Cook as desired.