Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning is a homemade spice rub to recreate your favorite store rotisserie chicken at home preservative free using everyday spices.
ROTISSERIE CHICKEN SEASONING
Made with common pantry items, this seasoning blend is gluten free, preservative free, and makes the best chicken dinners. All you need is a whole chicken and your pre-made Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning for an easy weeknight meal of Roast Chicken.
One of the best parts of making a homemade seasoning mix like Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning is that you get to control the ingredients. You know exactly what is going into your spice blend and you can easily adjust to taste. This seasoning blend uses shelf stable ingredients so it lasts as long as the herbs and spices in it, about 2 to 3 years!
Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning makes a great holiday gift! Prepare a large batch and divide it into small glass jars for a savory chicken rub your friends and family can use all year round. Include a handwritten note of your favorite chicken recipe to use it for!
This chicken rub is the perfect blend for a Rotisserie Chicken that tastes like you got it from a restaurant. No need to spit roast your chicken to get it that crispy skin either. We use this Rotisserie Chicken Rub to make amazing Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken. Get the crispy, golden appearance of a grocery store chicken without using the oven or grill.
Ways to Use Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning
You can use Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning in pretty much any recipe that calls for a spice blend! It tastes great on poultry, pork, and beef. You can use it to season veggies like Roasted Red Potatoes or Roasted Broccoli. Use Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning in recipes that call for Cajun seasoning or Taco seasoning for a new twist on family favorites.
MORE WAYS TO USE ROTISSERIE CHICKEN SEASONING
VARIATIONS ON ROTISSERIE CHICKEN SEASONING
- Herbs: Use other dried herbs like marjoram, rosemary, oregano, sage, or tarragon to play around with aromatic flavors. You can substitute the dried thyme or create your own blend.
- Spices: For a smoky chicken seasoning, use smoked paprika. Other dried spices you can use are chili powder, red pepper flakes, ground mustard, or cumin.
- Wet Chicken Rub: To make Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning a wet chicken rub, mix 2 tablespoons of the spice blend with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken
To make a whole chicken in the Instant Pot, start with a 4 pound chicken and 2 tablespoons of this Rotisserie Seasoning. Rub chicken and cavity all over with seasoning blend. Set Instant Pot to Sauté function and add 2 tablespoons canola oil. Place chicken breast side down and cook until golden, about 4-5 minutes. Flip chicken over and repeat. Remove chicken and place trivet in Instant Pot. Add 1 cup chicken stock and set chicken on trivet. Close lid and seal valve. Cook on Manual High Pressure 28 minutes, then naturally release pressure.
MORE HOMEMADE SPICES AND SAUCES TO MAKE
HOW TO STORE ROTISSERIE CHICKEN SEASONING
- Serve: Two tablespoons of Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning equals one seasoning packet, or enough to cover a whole chicken.
- Store: Keep your Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning in a glass jar with a lid in the pantry or in a cool, dry place for up about 2-3 years.
- Freeze: You can freeze ground spices for about 6 months, but store in a large amount in a sealed container so humidity doesn’t collect.
Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning
- Yield: 20
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Course: Seasoning
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Add mixture to a small food processor until mixture is no longer full of thyme leaves.
- Add to glass jar to store.
- Use 2 tablespoons of seasoning for 1 rotisserie chicken.
Yield: 20 , Amount per serving: 6 calories, Calories: 6g, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 1416mg, Potassium: 27mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 415g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 9g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.